Comic 962 - Take the tunnels to Howler's

Posted on 23rd Apr 2018, 6:52 PM in Shipping Off to Southden
Take the tunnels to Howler's

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (3 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 23rd Apr 2018, 6:52 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You check on Michelle and Caius's damage--mostly to see if it's spreading.

It's... not doing much of anything. It seems to have just suffered a great deal of spontaneous death. It's not an immediate crisis, but you will want to get the dead tissue taken care of sooner rather than later, or it'll risk all kinds of infections and complications.

You send your raven from this hospital to the address of the hackers to make sure nothing's going on there. You start summoning your rats to scout out the immediate area, and to find you a path to sections of the tunnels you do know.

You tell Fuse, Dr. Finch, and Elizabeth to head on back to the city.

You, Michelle, and Caius start climbing down into the tunnels. Caius offers to help Michelle, but she shakes her head. "I'm... I'm cool, I got it."

They both make the jump down well enough. You hang from the edge of the hole before carefully dropping down. It stings a bit, but you land okay.

You all trudge through the tunnels. It's mostly in silence, as you're all three likely anticipating another fight at any second.

However, nothing happens.

You make your way toward Howler's, as it's one of the only exits you know from the tunnels, and his hidden room is... well, hidden. Michelle does end up needing help to get up the ladder, her arms practically vestigial at this point--she can't even close her fist.

After some effort, all three of you make it up the ladder and into Howler's old place. You take your helmet off... and breathe.

There's still a tense silence, which Michelle finally breaks. She does her best to smile, though you can tell it's difficult. "We did it, though."

Caius does the same, pushing through and smiling a little. "We friggen did. We busted tha hackers, we beat Carpenter's stupid robot... and we're still here."

Comments:

Fishbulb 23rd Apr 2018, 7:09 PM edit delete reply
Fishbulb
Can't stay for too long, in case Carpenter or Thale get the idea to look for Jane and co. here, but spend a few minutes addressing Caius and Michelle's wounds.

Then.... assuming the humvee is not accessible at the moment, try to hurry out of the lower tiers as quickly and clandestinely as possible.
pkrankow 23rd Apr 2018, 7:12 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
Start addressing injuries. Move healthy tissue, convert dead tissue, use the existing framework. This can be done. Open a tiny portal so you have access to more mass, it can be stretched easily.

Let your body rest and think with your blood. Be careful, we want our friends restored not disfigured. Keep pain blocks in place as we work.
chaosblitz 23rd Apr 2018, 7:12 PM edit delete reply
can't relax yet, Carpenter or Thale might have bugged the place while we were gone. Be careful not to say any important information.
Madd 23rd Apr 2018, 7:20 PM edit delete reply
Madd
Fix Michelle's arms, and Caius's hand.

Then we need to find a surface level exit for this place, Michelle and Caius won't fit through the vent. That and we don't have any other tunnel exit to use right now. (We could use the rats to find a tunnel exit to go exit close to the bunker though.)
Blue_Elite 23rd Apr 2018, 7:26 PM edit delete reply
Send Poe (currently at Rockwell Arcade) to the hummer to keep an eye on that place. Hopefully it's enough out of the way the police won't assume it's our vehicle.

While the rat(s) scout out a different way out of the tunnels (remember a vent has to be taken to get in/out of the secret room and our teammates are not vent-sized), check Caius and Michelle more thoroughly. See if any of the tissue can be salvaged and converted back into living tissue. Anything that can't we'll need to slough off to prevent infection. Be sure to give pain killer and inform them well ahead of time before doing that last part.
Reiko Lupus 23rd Apr 2018, 7:34 PM edit delete reply
Diajaja, I knew there wasn't another robot of Carpenter coming! That guy is the type of person who need to probe that his work is superior to everything else. That the robots he creates are superior to whatever magical or alien nonsense. Because of that, he CAN'T send more than one robot. One robot is enough, and if it isn't, the he is going to create a better one. The only moment where he is going to use more than one, is when his life is endangered XD. This guy is too pridefull XD.

Now:
-Ask your Red about the wounds made by the Ritual of Nil.
-Treat the wounds of everyone.
-Call Fuse to come with transport.
-Send the rats to watch for intruders. We don't want to be surprised while we rest XD.
-If we has a Raven that is doing nothing important (I don't remember XD), send it to watch for our lost car in the hospital.
-Tell Finch to get ready a LOT of Ice Cream for the moment we return to the base.
Reiko Lupus 23rd Apr 2018, 7:36 PM edit delete reply
We can force the Vents to become wider with Blood, like we did before in the house of Blondie, to make it big enough to let Michelle and Caius enter in it XD.
pkrankow 23rd Apr 2018, 7:50 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
Heck we can make an elevator of sorts with blood.

Yes, animal sentries are needed.
Reiko Lupus 23rd Apr 2018, 7:55 PM edit delete reply
An elevator of Blood... Are you a genius!?
I don't even start to imagine how we can make that work, but I want to make it work XD.
Swagner 23rd Apr 2018, 8:10 PM edit delete reply
Swagner
Just a bone-capped column of meat ascending out of a pool of blood? Sounds horrifying, let's do it.
pkrankow 23rd Apr 2018, 8:15 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
I knew someone would flesh out my concept better.
Reiko Lupus 23rd Apr 2018, 8:32 PM edit delete reply
Mmm, but I don't think we can control a pool of Blood.
What about something like a BIG lung in the bottom of a structure of meat and bone?
The lung inflates itself until you are in the top, and defletes to take you to the bottom.
But I dunno how much we can make it grow for something like that XD.
hello 23rd Apr 2018, 9:58 PM edit delete reply
All i would say is that that would be VERY CREEPY. I dunno how useful that would be, but if time comes, trying to make a big lung doesn't sound too bad.
Portal In Time 23rd Apr 2018, 10:30 PM edit delete reply
Portal In Time
Let's do some first aid here - Try our best to convert the dead tissue into something useful, or at least, something that won't induce more suffering and infection. Then let's check out the shrine Howler set up all that time ago, and see if we notice anything with our newfound geoangular knowledge.

Be sure to NOT turn on the computer.