Comic 95 - Head to the ground floor

Posted on 27th Jul 2017, 10:08 PM in The Hospital
Head to the ground floor

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (1 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 27th Jul 2017, 10:08 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
One way or another, you're going to have to head downstairs. If you and/or Dr. Finch plan to leave, the way out is on the ground floor. Otherwise, the bio printer is in the basement, which is Michelle's (and possibly your own) eventual destination.

Most importantly: there's a snack machine downstairs, and none of you have eaten in almost a day.

You ask Michelle about her ammo situation on the way there.

"It... could be better. I didn't load up thinkin' I was gonna have to fight an army, but... I oughta be able to get by. Hopefully, there ain't too many distractions between us and that bio printer."

You reach the ground floor, the snack machine... and the entrance. You turn to Dr. Finch.

"On the one hand... I've been nearly murdered once already, and if I never saw this hospital again I'd be quite content. On the other hand... I'm ever so curious to see what manner of bizarre sideshow is going on around the bio printer, not to mention what all is... going on with you, and the Tobu hack, and... everything. I'll... let you decide, whether I stay or go. My fate's been in your hands enough times already, what does one more time matter?"

You notice that Michelle looks rather distracted. She turns halfway toward you and Dr. Finch, visibly straining to phrase what she's about to say.

"...I don't wanna alarm anybody, but... there used to be a pile of bodies right here. Like, a pretty big pile.

They're all gone. I dunno what to do with that information, but... I figured I'd give you a heads up."

Comments:

Guest 27th Jul 2017, 10:31 PM edit delete reply
don't use the snack machine it could be a trap
Bondage-Spider 27th Jul 2017, 10:31 PM edit delete reply
Bondage-Spider
Dr. Finch needs to leave, it isnt safe for him here. He doesn`t have magic blood or a big ass gun. and from the encounter with the monster, he doesnt have the reflexes to survive anything dangerous. You can tell him all about what happens while he`s gone after you`ve dealt with the situation. As for the missing bodies, be on the look out. They either somehow came back to life or something ate them.
Green Slime 27th Jul 2017, 10:40 PM edit delete reply
Green Slime
Dr. Finch could be a good scout, or something like that. Keep him. As far as the bodies are concerned, be on guard for anything.
Wing Eye 27th Jul 2017, 10:42 PM edit delete reply
Wing Eye
I say Dr. Finch stays with the team, just tell him to stick close to Michelle and stay on guard.
Vahno 27th Jul 2017, 10:49 PM edit delete reply
Ah... Dr. Finch needs to go. Sorry, but... He needs to go. We can keep an eye on him, sorta, at least, but...
Guest 27th Jul 2017, 10:54 PM edit delete reply
Have Finch wait outside
3litt0 27th Jul 2017, 11:24 PM edit delete reply
I say keep him, using him as my punching bag is fun.
Morgenstern 27th Jul 2017, 11:27 PM edit delete reply
Morgenstern
I think we're tied so far, with 3 leave and 3 stay and 1 don't use the snack machine
Vahno 27th Jul 2017, 11:43 PM edit delete reply
In that case, ask the nearest coin...

(We're hungry. Steal some snacks)
3litt0 27th Jul 2017, 11:56 PM edit delete reply
Here's my argument: If he stays, you have more plots to work with, and I'll keep making jokes. I'm hoping that last point isn't a negative. :D
5007-574in3d 28th Jul 2017, 1:49 AM edit delete reply
Trying to leave could prove fatal, with the hacked psycho traffic. It'd be better to shut the bioprinter down and remove the hospital's servers from the internet. Then you at least have some equipment to figure out what is up with you.
Jimston 28th Jul 2017, 2:04 AM edit delete reply
If the guy himself wants to stay, even if only to see the horrors in the basement, let him stay. Besides, how could we possibly live without his genius?
Xylas_Incarnum 28th Jul 2017, 2:21 AM edit delete reply
Xylas_Incarnum
Finch is handy, seeing how he's the one who's pieced together most of what's going on so far. To the best of our knowledge anyways. We've got Michelle's muscle, [You] are pretty average physically speaking but are quite adaptable, what's needed is a person who's far more brains than brawn. Finch fits that description and you're not likely to find someone else to fit that roll.

not to mention that there was a car blocking the rec room earlier after it had smashed into some fleshy glob. As dangerous as this hospital is, outside's probably far more dangerous.

By the way where's some non electronic medical supplies, some glass bottles, rags and rubbing alcohol can be turned into low grade molotov cocktails.

Either way, smashing open that snack machine wouldn't be a terrible idea. being hungry won't help you any here. might as well loot the change box while you at it. Put them in some makeshift sacks or some socks and use them as coin filled black jacks.
DrBilly 28th Jul 2017, 2:52 AM edit delete reply
Finch seems smart, and not necessarily in a "clueless, deluded blowhard" way. I would want to have him around for the bio printer, for any insight he could give.

Also, Blood Wonder Twins.
Zoidberg 28th Jul 2017, 3:12 AM edit delete reply
The voices in Jane's head are becoming numerous. This is my territory, I tell you, mine!

It is time to feast on the snacks in the vending machine, then retreat to the computer in the operating room to examine the tiny computer chip thumb drive.