Comic 940 - Release the rats

Posted on 16th Apr 2018, 4:47 PM in Shipping Off to Southden
Release the rats

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (4 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 16th Apr 2018, 4:47 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You take a deep breath.

Okay. You can handle this.

Astral projection doesn't need to be practiced by you, per se. In a relatively safe environment like Bunker A, anyone should be able to do it--your friends have already shown that they can handle ritual casting. You can sync the experience later to tackle Bunker E.

You tell the others this, and suggest that they get Pierce on it if they need the extra help.

You head to the front door of the bunker and call to your Ilworth rats. It'll take them some time to reach the lower tiers, which is where you know for certain how to get into the tunnels. You send four of the rats out into the city, having them spread out and be stealthy on their way down.

While you wait for them to arrive at their destination, you take the fifth Ilworth rat and step outside, rearranging the doors. You swipe the mystery keycard... and send the rat inside.

Comments:

Nayru9572 16th Apr 2018, 5:03 PM edit delete reply
Try to see what kind of fire it is on top of the pillars, and then try to see how each door is locked.
Madd 16th Apr 2018, 5:05 PM edit delete reply
Madd
Inspect the Trademan.
Portal In Time 16th Apr 2018, 5:05 PM edit delete reply
Portal In Time
Ratfriend: Examine the statue
J 16th Apr 2018, 5:05 PM edit delete reply
Guess what, Fuse, wee officially have bunker X.

Rat, sniff the tradesman.
SilverDama 16th Apr 2018, 5:10 PM edit delete reply
That is the most untrustworthy thing I've ever seen.

Give the rat a stick and touch it
Swagner 16th Apr 2018, 5:14 PM edit delete reply
Swagner
Uh. That's a tradesman, right? Is he trapped here, or visiting, or what? After the rats inspect the area more thoroughly, we ought to go in and investigate that.
Baron11704 16th Apr 2018, 5:22 PM edit delete reply
That might not be an actual tradesman, could just be a statue, inspec anyways
Blue_Elite 16th Apr 2018, 6:05 PM edit delete reply
That "X" has me concerned. I get the feeling this is like a Tradesmen shopping mall? I'm now wondering if we should have a live person approach the statue to at least confirm if it tells us something or not.
If it IS a Tradesman shopping mall we all know the deal: you come in for something, you leave without something.

I don't think the rat is going to get past that door anyway. If we can confirm there's a sentience at the door, we're done scouting and send the 5th rat along with the others. The others in the group can check out the rest of the bunker if it's secured by the Tradesmen (assuming it doesn't flat out tell us what the deal with the bunker is itself).
Archon 16th Apr 2018, 6:19 PM edit delete reply
Looks like a door. I suppose its for doing business with them outside the constraints of a ritual?

I wonder if this bunker existed prior to the keycard ritual.
a_name 16th Apr 2018, 6:28 PM edit delete reply
This tradesman seems like a guardian to the airlock. May require a live person to converse with.
Chu 16th Apr 2018, 7:55 PM edit delete reply
Squeak at the statue, maybe it can speak rat
Warp 16th Apr 2018, 8:00 PM edit delete reply
Sensible Plan: The rat can tap out or squeak out Morse code. We can just Cleantex ourselves to make sure we recall it right.


Crazy plan: We can try to Bloodspeak at it, like Mom's Red tried to Bloodspeak at us the first time we met. All we have to do is Cleantex ourselves, recall that sensation, translate the memory into our blood-brain and see if instinct takes over.
pkrankow 16th Apr 2018, 8:09 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
What an interesting concept. Might want to talk to mom's red about this and maybe ask for lessons
pkrankow 16th Apr 2018, 8:09 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
I knew it would be weird in here, but relatively safe.