Comic 938 - Talk with Faraday about your experience

Posted on 15th Apr 2018, 5:50 PM in Shipping Off to Southden
Talk with Faraday about your experience

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 0 (0 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 15th Apr 2018, 5:50 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You remember when you were disconnected from your body, and you were able to focus on wrangling your consciousness back to normal.

You start explaining all this to Faraday, and trying to relate it to her current situation. The two of you talk it out for a while--how it feels being the blood, and how she presently feels, and whether she can do what you did to bring herself back.

The more you discuss it, though, the more it sounds... different. You were disassociated, yes, but as an entity physically existing inside your normal body, and the bodies of others. You perceived through those bodies, specifically, and you knew exactly where you wanted to go back to.

...And even that was hard, once you were out too long. You started forgetting which body was yours, and what it felt like to be in a body. If you were out for over a hundred years, you're not sure you could pull yourself back... even if you did have somewhere to go back to.

You ask Faraday if she can make partial manifestations, like the doctor ghosts that Caius and Dr. Finch were seeing. Maybe she can make a partial manifestation of her own body, and try to focus on that.

"I can," Faraday says, "but it's really hard. I wanted to help more than I did! I just couldn't... quite get the ones I wanted. I just sort of... light up the air and hope it works."

You're also not sure if creating an imprint of an imprint is possible--you're not well versed enough in ghost science to say for sure. The electricity might change into something un-imprintable after it... imprints. Yeah. Hmm.

You offer Tesla a hug. She seems like she's thinking about it, until you also... gently... politely... warn her that she might have to step back afterward, since you're not sure how contact with her is going to pan out. She changes her mind, and lightly shakes her head.

You decide that, at some point, you need to take a look at that astral projection spell in Geoangular Control. It may help you get a better idea what Faraday's dealing with. Plus, it will let you hug Tesla worry free.

Comments:

Leafia_Barrett 15th Apr 2018, 6:12 PM edit delete reply
Leafia_Barrett
Yeah, we definitely need to take a look at the astral projection spell.

Before that, though, I think we should spend some time working on Elizabeth's body. There's still a lot to fix.
pkrankow 15th Apr 2018, 6:28 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
Have Telsa wrap her hand in the blanket and try a handshake or high-5.

If this works go the Rogue approach and buy her long fancy gloves.

We were supposed to consult GAC before trying meditation with the girls. If astral projection is the right spell then use it. There may be other spells of value in this situation.
Blue_Elite 15th Apr 2018, 8:39 PM edit delete reply
We should bid them goodbye and see if everyone is back from Ilworth yet. If they are, we can discuss our next steps (in no particular order):
1. "Space-car" in Ilworth.
2. Investigating the Thale tunnels (or at least getting setup to do so, we really should not put this off for too long).
3. Investigating the bunker of the "better" keycard (assuming Fuse determines it hasn't just become a skeleton key for all the bunkers we already know about).
4. Looking into the astral projection spell.
Mochi 15th Apr 2018, 9:15 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
i think we're on the right track with astral projection. it might be a little dangerous to do so in this bunker with all the machines that suck energy out of the air, but jane is pretty good at keeping herself together. we should try it somewhere safer and more controlled first to get a feel for what it's like and how it works first.