Comic 927 - Agree to another trade

Posted on 12th Apr 2018, 3:27 PM in Shipping Off to Southden
Agree to another trade

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (3 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 12th Apr 2018, 3:27 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You agree to give up your current hair color in exchange for information on the Zone Fifty bunkers.

You feel your... hair dye change. Somehow.

"You have discovered five Zone Fifty facilities thus far.

There are eight remaining that you have not found that are still accessible by conventional means and intact.

Two facilities are intact, but no longer in this dimension, and there is no entrance to them in this dimension.

One facility is outside this solar system, with no entrance to it remaining on this planet.

One facility has been sent to a different time period, with no entrance available in the present.

Seven facilities have been destroyed entirely, either as a result of their own experiments or as a response to Zone Fifty closing down.

In total, there were twenty four Zone Fifty bunkers at the organization's peak. A master list was never made. You are one of only a handful of human beings in history to learn how many bunkers actually existed."

You ask where Howler and the other hackers are located.

"We can provide you this information, but to do so we must change the situation. If we tell you where the hackers are located, your enemies will become aware of your use of the blood to control animals."

You ask if Thale was involved in the death of your parents.

"We can answer this question in exchange for the organic golem you made from the red."

You start to feel very tired. You've probably been feeling very tired, but it's just now beginning to catch up to you--likely some combination of the blood loss and extended use of the ritual.

Comments:

Archon 12th Apr 2018, 3:57 PM edit delete reply
A golem seems a reasonable enough price.
Agree to that, decline learning Howlers location.

Politely attempt to end the ritual; can always attempt additional trades in the future.
Twyll 12th Apr 2018, 4:01 PM edit delete reply
I agree with all of the above.
Wote 12th Apr 2018, 4:04 PM edit delete reply
Also agreed.
Wii G 12th Apr 2018, 5:58 PM edit delete reply
I agree aswell.
Ronmr 13th Apr 2018, 3:19 AM edit delete reply
Wait. Ask since they ask for that golem will we be able to make more blood golems or not be able to make golems of that type.
Leafia_Barrett 12th Apr 2018, 3:59 PM edit delete reply
Leafia_Barrett
Question 1: Decline.
Question 2: Accept.
After that, thank them for everything and bring the ritual to an end. Go sit down to rest.
pkrankow 12th Apr 2018, 4:01 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
The golem is a reasonable price.

We cannot compromise ourselves for information we can get via other means. Howler will have to wait.

I think we are done here. We need to write everything down as soon as we can. Go Cleantex!
Cuttlefish 12th Apr 2018, 4:01 PM edit delete reply
Yeah, call an end to this session. Make it clear we appreciate their business, and will continue to do business in the future. Also, now’s the time to blithely mention how cool it’d be to have Michelle’s big gun again.
Portal In Time 12th Apr 2018, 4:02 PM edit delete reply
Portal In Time
The golem trade seems fair, so long as we're capable of making another golem after this trade.

Then let's end the ritual, and pull some more blood from the red.
Memo 12th Apr 2018, 4:09 PM edit delete reply
Memo
I say no more questions.
The price for the first question is too high, and we don't really need to know the second answer.
We have learned a lot from this, and we should share that with the others. Also, we are suffering from severe bloodloss, and are probably exhausted since we did the ritual in the evening, and who knows how long we been at it.
We need food, liquid and rest.
And definitely some contemplating the information we have gotten.

** edit **
We should ask not-jane about access to any bunkers we don't know.
Blue_Elite 12th Apr 2018, 5:35 PM edit delete reply
Ice cream is technically a food AND a liquid. ^_^

Also agree about trying to figure out the other dimensional bunkers from un-Jane but not now. It seems we have to bring in certain objects/have certain conditions in order to meet the right un-Jane that'll have the info we're looking for. We can look into that another time.
Heroshima 12th Apr 2018, 4:33 PM edit delete reply
Heroshima
The golem seems like a reasonable sacrifice for the information, as long as we're capable of making another. Also, go eat some ice cream to get that blood back.
fellow 12th Apr 2018, 4:45 PM edit delete reply
fellow
For recovery I'd say drink some soup. Salty water is good for blood recovery. Maybe eating some red meats would be good too. See if you can externalize a ham.
Weezl 12th Apr 2018, 4:40 PM edit delete reply
I agree with Memo- we don't really need to sacrifice the golem and revealing our powers is too high a price. Record everything we learned and get some rest- due to the blood loss, we may need to rest a couple of days or weeks!
Tych 12th Apr 2018, 4:48 PM edit delete reply
Question 1 don't do it
Question 2 do it you can make another golem later may be better since you are still learning how to make those things

Finally, ask if they willing to trade for the information you know they may not and what they might offer for it not to make a trade right now just know in the future after that stop the ritual and get a cookie, some OJ or some Ice cream
Twyll 12th Apr 2018, 4:51 PM edit delete reply
We should also eat some salty snacks, too-- we need to raise not just our blood sugar but also our blood salt levels, after losing so much.
Tych 12th Apr 2018, 4:53 PM edit delete reply
A good point should also rest a little to give our body time to recover in the quickest time
fellow 12th Apr 2018, 4:50 PM edit delete reply
fellow
I don't know if the golem disapears if we give it to them. Maybe they'll hand the golem to someone else, somehow. I don't think thayle's involvement with the parents' death would be helpful information.
Tych 12th Apr 2018, 4:55 PM edit delete reply
Sometimes there are questions that you just want to know for personal reasons not whether they have an important answer to them also we can make another golem and if it does show up back in the solar system we will know immediately
fellow 12th Apr 2018, 5:02 PM edit delete reply
fellow
I think it might just upset people.
Cuttlefish 12th Apr 2018, 5:40 PM edit delete reply
Mum’s Red deserves the answer. It has been through a lot.
fellow 12th Apr 2018, 5:51 PM edit delete reply
fellow
Didn't the red get seethingly angry at that? We wouldn't want the red to lift itself from the house and start trying to kill thayle.
Crestlinger 12th Apr 2018, 5:06 PM edit delete reply
Cut and done. finish things up and don't trade the golem. Others have used this ritual and handing over a blood optic nerve would be a tantalizing carrot for anyone.
Blue_Elite 12th Apr 2018, 5:52 PM edit delete reply
Don't exchange for ratting out the animal spies. Thale is both powerful and paranoid enough to glass over all of his facilities and kill every animal within observation distance. Not only would it make our spies ineffective, we'd be indirectly responsible for a mass butchering.
Take up the golem trade. Mom's Red deserves the info (though, if it turns out to be Thale, try and deliver the information carefully so xe doesn't tear down the wall xe's attached to).
Then bid a pleasant goodbye to The Tradesmen and end the ritual.

THEN, inform everyone of all the juicy info we got. Ask Dr. Finch to start-up the bioprinter so we can get some blood back into us. If we've got any strength left, now would be a good time to test using blood abilities when we have significantly less blood in us; it'd be good to know for the future (I'm thinking simply animal control and blood levitation).
Then ice cream for a midnight snack and call it a night.
PurpleKetchup 12th Apr 2018, 6:08 PM edit delete reply
Before checking out - would one of our spacesuits be enough to protect you from the hostile atmosphere ?

(also ask about what info we could give them as a gift)
Noon 12th Apr 2018, 6:39 PM edit delete reply
Two in a different dimension, one outside the system and another in a different time. That sounds like a huge amount of adventure waiting to happen.
Warp 12th Apr 2018, 6:50 PM edit delete reply
Go ahead and ask them if they want a hug, and how to give them a hug.

I really want to know what the price for those questions will be!!!
Guest 12th Apr 2018, 6:55 PM edit delete reply
I'm ok with trading a golem.

Also, I'd like some clarification around, "One facility is outside this solar system, with no entrance to it remaining on this planet." Is the entrance on Mars?