Comic 886 - Open the ! box

Posted on 4th Apr 2018, 12:00 AM in Shipping Off to Southden
Open the ! box

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (2 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 4th Apr 2018, 12:00 AM edit delete
Morgenstern
You (very carefully) move the strange cactus aside, and attempt to open the crate with the exclamation mark on it.

It has a top lid made to open, but it's extremely heavy. After a few seconds of trying, Dr. Finch joins you. Even with both of you combined, it takes a great deal of effort to get the crate open... but finally, you manage it.

Inside is... a gun.

A large gun, and a very abnormal looking one. You don't see a trigger or a handle on it--however, the back end of it is open, as if one's arm is meant to go inside.

The bottom of the box is coated in ash. Scattered around the weapon are old, faded notes; the writing on them is barely visible now, and is written in some language you don't recognize.

"Those... those those those runes," Dr. Finch mutters. "I've seen a few of them before...carved inside that man with the bone blades. It was a language I couldn't read, couldn't so much as determine what it was."

Comments:

Cruentum 4th Apr 2018, 12:11 AM edit delete reply
Yay! Arm cannon for Michelle! We should study it and the runes first though. Okay, I vote to open the long floor box next.
Portal In Time 4th Apr 2018, 12:17 AM edit delete reply
Portal In Time
Seconded.
Blue_Elite 4th Apr 2018, 12:23 AM edit delete reply
Sure thirded.
undeadDreamer 4th Apr 2018, 12:12 AM edit delete reply
...I really want to try out the arm cannon but maybe that's not a great idea.
Wote 4th Apr 2018, 12:16 AM edit delete reply
There is no way it's a good idea to try that thing without a lot more information and knowledge. We probably need to move that one to one of the bunkers, though. Both to secure it and as a "screw it, we're doomed anyway" tool.
rufiangel 4th Apr 2018, 12:17 AM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Could Pierce perhaps be of assistance in interpreting those runes? 'ㅅ';
Blue_Elite 4th Apr 2018, 12:24 AM edit delete reply
Good idea actually. I was thinking of moving that to the Mars bunker anyway as if Thale raids this warehouse shortly, I'd rather this particular item not get back into his hands.

Perhaps Michelle can start a delivery service. :3
Guost 4th Apr 2018, 12:46 AM edit delete reply
Sounds good. We should ask him right now unless he's asleep.
Portal In Time 4th Apr 2018, 12:26 AM edit delete reply
Portal In Time
It'd be neat if this thing is like an arcane portal gun, using Magic to pull the user to where they aimed.
37212513 4th Apr 2018, 1:34 AM edit delete reply
Ash, Runes, BFG... (<--I suspect both interpretations are accurate)
Yeah, DOOM reference here.
Pierce might help read the runes, Finch can likely figure out a chem to highlight aged graphite or ink (make the notes legible once more), and between Finch, Fuse, and Michelle, they should be able to figure out the weapon. (please test fire on mars, using a golem)