Comic 866 - Blood her and get out

Posted on 30th Mar 2018, 8:33 PM in Shipping Off to Southden
Blood her and get out

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (3 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 30th Mar 2018, 8:33 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You tell Voclain that she needs to blood herself and get out NOW. You tell Macland the same--tell his guys to get out of there, it's about to get bad.

You send a mental message to Fuse--how does he know Thale's about to wake up? What's going on?

Ms. Voclain sets the elevator to head down. The crewmen receive texts to get out of there. They drop what they have and join her on the elevator as it begins to depart. She injects herself in the arm with one of the two needles you gave her.

You receive a text from Fuse.

"HOPE"

and a second one

"IS NUTS"

...Something's wrong. One needle's worth of blood struggles to get a signal to her brain. There's... just... so much. Thale. Her whole body is full of Thale's artificial blood. You're making progress but it's incredibly slow, even more of a slog than it was going through radioactive blood. Something else is slowing you down--a chemical agent, maybe, something trying to keep your cells from folding properly.

You can feel something else. It comes in waves, faint, as you're not fully in her mind yet. Thale's trying to sync with her.

"No," she says, still sounding incredibly calm. She drops the phone and the empty needle, gearing up to inject the second.

He's not just syncing her, he's... rushing it, somehow. Much like how you can specifically pull Fuse's hacking skills, or Michelle's gun talents, he's... specifically pushing. Filling in the blanks. He's speeding up the oversync.

She shoves the second needle into her arm, but she fumbles. Something's wrong with her hand... the feeling. Numbness. Her eyes flutter. Blood seeps from her nose.

He's not just rushing the sync, he's doing something to her brain. It's easier to take over her mind if there's less mind to begin with. He's trying to lobotomize her.

"No," she repeats, forcing herself to start injecting your blood with a half numbed hand. You steadily gain ground. You start pushing Thale back. Something bulges in her forearm. The process of injecting herself slows as she loses more and more control of her hand. He's building... something, something in her arm. Where's he getting the material?

Circulation cuts off. Nerves die in her arm. He's tearing her down and rebuilding, starting from the uninjected limb. He's desperate to hold onto her.

"I don't... belong... to you... anymore..." She spits up blood. The men on the other side of the elevator ride are staring, stunned.

"Patton... Thale," she finishes.

You can now give orders to Ms. Voclain.

...Most of her.

Something's still very wrong with her arm. She can't finish injecting the second needle--it hangs loose from her vein, the other limb bulging, something twisting beneath its surface. Growing. The nerves, the veins, the cartilage hooking it to the rest of her body have been killed off, the limb is barely hanging on and it's not hers.

That one arm is still Thale's.

The fingers twitch. Ms. Voclain's expression changes subtly but enough that you can see the pain as her arm tries to twist itself free, and it continues to change. Morph. Grow.

The elevator reaches the bottom. She's within walking distance of the trucks, which the men accompanying her immediately make a run for.

Comments:

Madd 30th Mar 2018, 9:03 PM edit delete reply
Madd
Cut the arm we can get her a new one later, we don't have time for Thale's bull.

Tell Fuse to get out of there and head back.
Wote 30th Mar 2018, 9:29 PM edit delete reply
Yeah. I'd hope that Fuse is sensible enough to do that, but it might help to make sure he understands that we'd prefer him get back to us with all the bits he left with.
Wote 30th Mar 2018, 9:03 PM edit delete reply
We... probably need to try and pinch that arm off while telling Ms. Voclain to get off the elevator and get it and her moving apart. Plenty of painkiller for the effort and plenty of apologies in her mind.
Wote 30th Mar 2018, 9:19 PM edit delete reply
To be clear, we need to send the elevator back up. Freight elevators are not known for being structurally unsound and I'd prefer whatever Thale's trying to do having to deal with getting back down to the loading dock first.
Twyll 30th Mar 2018, 9:21 PM edit delete reply
We could also possibly delay the Thale arm by leaving some of our own controlled tissue attached to it (like, cutting off the arm a bit above where he controls) and then using that tissue to hamper whatever he's trying to do with the arm while Ms. Voclain runs.
Wote 30th Mar 2018, 9:27 PM edit delete reply
Good point. I like that idea.
Mochi 30th Mar 2018, 9:40 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
all of this. ditch the arm, get the fuck out.
Akasha 30th Mar 2018, 9:28 PM edit delete reply
Akasha
Sounds like a good idea, and if we can actually manage to pull that off, then yeah, let's go for it. Though, the main focus is to ensure that we ditch the arm and send the elevator back up so it'll give Voclain and the others more time to mosey on out.
LytharWolfe 30th Mar 2018, 9:06 PM edit delete reply
LytharWolfe
Get the arm off, and seal over the wound, we have a bioprinter that can fix the arm later. We have to go now.
Leafia_Barrett 30th Mar 2018, 9:07 PM edit delete reply
Leafia_Barrett
This is... we can handle this. It's going to be okay.
Painkiller her thoroughly and be rid of the arm (apologize profusely to Voclain about it and reassure her we can fix it), sealing the wound in the process. We can bioprint a new arm and attach/heal it once she's over with us. Then have her flee from the arm. It's still on the elevator, so send the elevator back up and ditch it if possible - if the door would close too fast, then don't bother.
EDIT: Have her try to call out to one of the truck drivers for help - we can't let them leave without her.
Twyll 30th Mar 2018, 9:08 PM edit delete reply
We can give her a new arm. Pinch the one that belongs to Thale off. Move the rest of our blood through the syringe manually. While we're doing that, have her book it-- and if we can, strengthen her legs and hips to allow her to run better with her messed-up legs-- and hopefully we can outrun whatever mess he's doing with that arm.
pkrankow 30th Mar 2018, 9:09 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
Pain management
Level
Amputate the arm... it probably is a bomb at this point.

Or inject the bulging arm with what is left, but prepare to amputate.

Get her loaded into something and out of there.

Tell Ms V we can print her a new arm, she will be right as rain. Thale probably made that arm a bone bomb.
psychoshen 30th Mar 2018, 9:17 PM edit delete reply
We definitely need to do something about the pain, I'm wondering if severing or disabling the nerves from the shoulder would be easier. I'd go for just the necessary nerves if we can, rather than a general painkiller.

Are the men trying to abandon her? She needs to run, she may need a boost of adrenaline if Jane can manage it.

What can be done about the arm itself? Jane may need to reform the shoulder to be very thin, so that it can be detached quickly.
Wote 30th Mar 2018, 9:35 PM edit delete reply
Can we make sure Mac made it clear that she is part of the bill of goods? And, if he didn't, that he clarifies that ASAP?
BunnyMuffin 30th Mar 2018, 9:20 PM edit delete reply
Those poor truck dudes ;-; They have no idea what he fuck is going on. Yeah we need to amputate her arm and cut off the bleeding. Also give her a big painkiller effect.
pkrankow 30th Mar 2018, 9:32 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
We have a "sister" card because one way or another Jane and Ms Voclain have the same mother.

Consider sending reinforcements through the door NOW so we can get her off the driver's responsibilities.
Blue_Elite 30th Mar 2018, 9:33 PM edit delete reply
Evil Dead 2 anyone?

Substantial painkiller effect and instruct Ms. Voclain to remove that arm. We can make it an order if absolutely necessary (she is currently partially lobotomized, is in a (just won) tug-of-war mentally, and has a "bad arm," it'd be understandable if she wasn't all-there at this exact moment). Then have her run to one of the trucks; pretty sure the drivers don't need any instructions at this point. Keep working on her medically in the meantime to stop any bleeding and do rush patch-jobs wherever necessary. If she can't get into the vehicle door, hopefully she can get on the truck.

If she gets to a stable condition, we can divert some focus to Fuse to tell him whatever he's doing, job done, get back safe ASAP. If we need to go into blood mode to focus both simultaneously, now would be a good time to inform the others and ask for their permission this time.

I'm thinking we should inform Jury of this development: due to the rush job I'm afraid (at least) one of the trucks will be tracked. I'd rather the Federal Government get this stuff than Thale get it back (and maybe this would constitute the evidence Jury needed to get them on Thale's case?).
Loki 30th Mar 2018, 9:39 PM edit delete reply
Yeah, pinch that arm off. Inject it with the rest of the vial if you can, and make some super rigid plates just under the skin on her head and torso or densify her skull and rib cage to protect her from whatever Thale’s arm is about to do. Can you just pull her directly into your red and away from the inevitable arm monster?
Baron11704 30th Mar 2018, 10:07 PM edit delete reply
4 words. Impromptu Amputation, curb stomp. That may be the weirdest sentence I've ever said