Comic 864 - Start loading stuff

Posted on 30th Mar 2018, 5:38 PM in Shipping Off to Southden
Start loading stuff

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 0 (0 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 30th Mar 2018, 5:38 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You make your way to Bunker B, slipping two syringes full of your blood to your bandage from the warehouse. You have it carry the needles to Ms. Voclain.

You tell her that once she's clear of the warehouse, to inject herself with these.

You also ask her about how the loading crew should approach--if there's any sort of defenses that would stop things going out.

"No," she says. "If you have people ready, tell them to pull to the loading dock in the back. As of midnight, today is a shipping day--the turrets will be switched off."

You give Macland the address. He makes a few phone calls, and sends the shipping trucks to the warehouse loading docks. Ms. Voclain activates a control panel on the wall, which you hadn't noticed before--it blends in seamlessly. Part of the floor sinks in, revealing itself to be an elevator downward.

Macland keeps you up to date as one of his shipping crews loads the Z50 canister into one truck. Then members of all three crews ride the elevator up to come pick up more. Ms. Voclain points them to the crate with the door in it; you decide that, since you can't really figure out what's inside which other crates, you'll just grab whatever you can. Whatever can fit in the trucks, goes.

Macland relays the message by phone, and the men begin hauling out the door crate, and anything else they can fit in their three trucks.

Comments:

Twyll 30th Mar 2018, 5:50 PM edit delete reply
Alright, let's see if we can make some emergency stink bombs and get them through the door before the truck leaves. This place is run based on smell, so a stink bomb will hopefully mess with their file system, essentially. They might have to do a bunch of extra work to make up for it, which is exactly the sort of thing we want.

Does Fuse know how to make a stink bomb? Can we sync some knowledge of that from him and get to work ourselves? We could look it up on the Internet, too. It's a common enough prank that I imagine "how to make a quick and easy stink bomb" is fairly easy to find. Making it remotely triggerable is less easy, but we could just have Ms. Voclain stink the place up right before she vamooses.

Also, can Macland have three folks from a *different* shipping company ready to have the goods handed off to them, preferably somewhere in the middle of nowhere? The last thing we want is Thale managing to Queen one of the delivery guys and knowing exactly where we sent our boxes.
Twyll 30th Mar 2018, 5:57 PM edit delete reply
Also, the discord has agreed that the first thing we will do upon meeting Ms. Voclain in person (once she's been properly blooded and everything) is hug her.
Istyatur 30th Mar 2018, 6:03 PM edit delete reply
It doesn't even need to be a stink bomb. Dispersing a large enough spice cabinet would still effectively render olfactory senses useless. Or a good odor eliminator.
Twyll 30th Mar 2018, 6:05 PM edit delete reply
Oh yeah! We can *Febreeze* the boxes!

A stink bomb might be easier though, because it's generally easier to make a bad smell pervade an area than it is to remove a smell. I like the idea of spices, though. They can be sprinkled all over everywhere fairly quickly, and will be blown around by the air conditioning and stuff too. We can sprinkle them into the vents! Not just a vent hermit-- we can become vent *chefs*!
Twyll 30th Mar 2018, 6:15 PM edit delete reply
No no no wait the discord has come up with an idea-- we can make a stink bomb *by pulling from the red.* We can make biological materials, and there are plenty of biological materials that smell *terrible.* And Jane has experience as a nurse, so she knows EXACTLY what those things are, because she's had to encounter basically all of them in the course of her job!

So, what we need to do is make sure that the crate with the door in it is the last to be loaded, so it's facing the open end of the truck. Jane will grab clods of material from the Red and send them slithering out of it and into the warehouse. Then, as the trucks pull away, send that material into the vents, and convert it to something that smells utterly abhorrent (while Ms. Voclain bloods herself and then comes in through the door). The air from the vents will spread the smell throughout the entire warehouse, making it difficult to determine any of the labels on any of the crates, and really ruining Thale's day, because having to re-archive a massive warehouse full of stuff is a huge pain in the rear.
Guest 30th Mar 2018, 6:24 PM edit delete reply
I'm surprised no one's suggested setting the place on fire. Screwing up their inventory smelling process is well and good, but if they have a forensic team come in, they could probably determine who messed with their stuff.
Twyll 30th Mar 2018, 6:33 PM edit delete reply
We were talking about fire in the discord, but the issue is that we don't know how many uncontained nasty things are in those crates-- if we set them on fire, some of them may react *badly,* in a world-ending sort of way.

Also, they won't need a forensic team to know who did this. Thale will know that there's only one person who's capable of doing this to him.
Fishbulb 30th Mar 2018, 6:39 PM edit delete reply
Fishbulb
There have been suggestions about blowing the place up or destroying it, but they were considered too dangerous since nobody knows what's exactly in the crates.
pkrankow 30th Mar 2018, 6:48 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
Pepper spray with some type of time delay, or use a bandage.

Balloons of finely ground spices.

We need enough blood here to have real utility. I don't suppose we have a unit lying around somewhere...
skybirds15 30th Mar 2018, 5:54 PM edit delete reply
I'd say this is grand larceny, but half this stuff is probably illegal and/or illegally stored. Also, grabbing random stuff is probably a good way to stop Phale from know what we were after, including ms. notmom here.

Though it does seem too easy. Carpenter isn't going to Kool-aid man a floor again, is he?
Fishbulb 30th Mar 2018, 6:39 PM edit delete reply
Fishbulb
Is it considered illegal if the stuff technically doesn't exist? ;)
Leafia_Barrett 30th Mar 2018, 6:02 PM edit delete reply
Leafia_Barrett
Once the trucks start approaching full, it's time for Ms. Voclain to head outside with them and prepare to inject the blood. Once everything's ready, she should inject the blood, hop into either whichever truck has the door crate, and get the fuck out of dodge. Someone will need to open the crate from the inside so Ms. Voclain can go through the door.

The instant Voclain is blooded, we need to give her body a once-over. We're going to have a lot of work to do.
pkrankow 30th Mar 2018, 6:22 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
Without a doubt. Put a blood alarm on her syringes.