Comic 850 - Hug the baby red

Posted on 27th Mar 2018, 6:37 PM in Shipping Off to Southden
Hug the baby red

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 0 (0 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 27th Mar 2018, 6:37 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You check the damage on the wall. It's mostly just the surface, and doesn't look too deep.

You ask the baby red how they're doing.

"Slight confuse," they reply. "Still mad."

You hug baby red.

"How are you holdin' up?," Michelle asks.

You're... still processing everything.

Michelle hugs you.

"We'll get him," she says. "Thale's gonna pay for this."

"For everything," concludes Fuse, and he hugs you as well.

You check on your own red. Red is... not in the mood to talk, it doesn't feel like. You feel a strange sort of solidarity--and a slight revelation from what you're experiencing as the red. You feel angry at Thale for this, but it's... it's not the unfathomable hate you keep hearing about it. It's not even the same sort of spontaneous fury you felt when the bladed man was conjuring Mars blood. It's an earned anger. You're mad but you know exactly why you're mad. You don't feel a blind alien hatred for him, it's entirely human and you're angry at who he is as a person.

...Because he's not a fragment of the First Womb. He's not a god, no matter how much he wants to be. He can grow a hundred fake copies of Mom in a laboratory but he's not on her level, nor is he on yours. Red isn't mad at an equal foe of infinite power, it's not rooted in your veins, and Thale isn't a higher being of cosmic scale.

Red is mad that Thale thinks he is. That he dares to do this to you, to your mother. The sheer... audacity.

"The impudence," she says.

He thinks he's above mankind, better than human when he's beneath it. Worse than.


You go back to bed.


What will you do tomorrow?

Comments:

Fishbulb 27th Mar 2018, 7:11 PM edit delete reply
Fishbulb
Not to impose on Gesenai and Macland too much, but contact them and see if they have any connections to a shipping company that is not controlled by Thale, and can enter the city without any trouble. If they do, have arrange for the shipping company to do a late night pick up at the warehouse (with some monetary incentive if necessary to ensure secrecy).
pkrankow 27th Mar 2018, 7:34 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
This. Yes. Depo pickup is OK as long as we can get to it. Sending to England would be better, but we'll see. Maybe the door can fit, on edge and diagonal, through the door opened outside...
pkrankow 27th Mar 2018, 7:35 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
And I refuse to contemplate the Klein bottle topography.
Baron11704 27th Mar 2018, 8:22 PM edit delete reply
Shoving door through door will probably have its issues, temporally and spacially
pkrankow 27th Mar 2018, 9:25 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
I ...
Was thinking
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klein_bottle

Or

http://www.kleinbottle.com/index.htm

Hopefully not the couch from here

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirk_Gently%27s_Holistic_Detective_Agency
Twyll 27th Mar 2018, 7:32 PM edit delete reply
Honestly, can we think of any other cities that it might be good to have our door in? If we can ship it to somewhere entirely unrelated to the city, that might be a good idea. Heck, that would also be a great way to unload Pierce and Zene's family to a safe place that doesn't require visas and suchlike things. Do we know of any cities that are kinda-near the area of the warehouse, but also not *too* near, that would be decent to live in?
Twyll 27th Mar 2018, 7:34 PM edit delete reply
Also, we need to remember to put anything we want in the warehouse (a hidden syringe, maybe a puddle of blood in case we need to use blood in there, if Ms. Voclain can justify the existence of its smell to the bloodhound-mutants somehow) BEFORE we have her move the crate.
pkrankow 27th Mar 2018, 7:44 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
Yes, this. I bet the warehouse will end up searched because these memories will become Thale's but it will take time to assimilate them.

Try to strip down just the camera from a phone and see if we can blood power that for just ourselves to use.
Twyll 27th Mar 2018, 8:28 PM edit delete reply
If we manage to rescue Ms. Voclain in time, these memories *won't* necessarily become Thale's. So he'll have the warehouse searched, yes, but it will be because he's trying to figure out how we got her, not because he knows how.

Also, one thing we *really* need to do is ask Ms. Voclain what else is in this warehouse. Is there anything else we need to have her ship out before Thale becomes aware that we have access to this place? I'm concerned about what kinds of threatening tools he may have access to here, because as soon as he starts searching this warehouse, he'll start remembering (or finding out) what is stored here and realizing what he can do with it.
Blue_Elite 27th Mar 2018, 8:28 PM edit delete reply
We haven't really explored dairy options. Yogurt plus fruit? Plain ol' cereal? Scrambled eggs? Omelets (we might have done that before)? Cheese (fresh, not processed)?
Actually, grilled cheese sandwich (which given our cooking options wouldn't be "grilled") wouldn't be a bad idea as a sort of comfort food after last night.

Then let's check news and update/get an update from Jury (including VISAs for the other bunk members). I'd like to get the whole selling auto parts done as soon as possible so we can have money readily available in case we need to do anything on the fly in Southden.

EDIT: I'll also state the dinner plan now: steak with vegetables since Caius was a big baby about eating healthier last time.
Twyll 27th Mar 2018, 8:33 PM edit delete reply
Maybe a yoghurt parfait with granola and raisins and berries. Healthy and nourishing, but also tasty.
pkrankow 27th Mar 2018, 9:35 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
He was a baby about a one-course vegan meal. As a body builder and athlete vegan eating is not adequate unless heavy on beans and in a closed environment we don't want that.

Salad, reasonable meal of prepared protien, vegetables, with starch for filling out, with a small simple desert.

Say some salad, then meat, broccoli, bean's and rice, with a tapioca pudding desert (chocolate is better)
psychoshen 27th Mar 2018, 9:30 PM edit delete reply
psychoshen
I'm a bit late to the party here. If we want the canister, could we transport it ourselves? I wonder if it would be less suspicious for us to pry open the crate around our door and haul the canister, then put the panel back in place.
Twyll 27th Mar 2018, 9:42 PM edit delete reply
Hmm, that might slow Thale down once he *does* start searching the place, if we just remove the door in a different container instead of moving the whole crate and having an obviously missing crate there. Something to ask Ms. Voclain about.
Crestlinger 28th Mar 2018, 12:04 AM edit delete reply
Now picturing this pac man door eating everything Through it, leaving a vacant warehouse behind. Hell as long as the other boxes/their contents are smaller than the door frame loot Everything, then move it to mars for safekeeping/experimentation.
pkrankow 27th Mar 2018, 9:38 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
We know Thale's influence dosen't extend to Mars. We can hide Ms Voclain there till we determine what to do.

I fear blooding her might kill her outright.

The door has to be shipped. The canister and Ms V can go through the door. I don't think England is far enough either
Twyll 27th Mar 2018, 9:44 PM edit delete reply
Why would blooding her kill her? The only time we've seen someone die in response to blooding was when Thale melted then exploded a cultist under his control, and he obviously had to be focusing on that in order to do it. Our blood is capable of sustaining someone's life even when they would otherwise be dead, so I think blooding her would only help her live, if anything.
pkrankow 27th Mar 2018, 10:14 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
She is made with a very large quantity of the artificial alien blood. I fear it may be a complication.