Comic 817 - Continue through Bunker E

Posted on 19th Mar 2018, 11:24 PM in No Easy Way Out
Continue through Bunker E

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (2 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 19th Mar 2018, 11:24 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You send your homunculus to the door on the other side of the holding area.

You have it pull on the door handle with its bandages; however, no matter much effort you put into it, the door won't budge. It appears to be locked.

Comments:

Blue_Elite 19th Mar 2018, 11:34 PM edit delete reply
Whelp, I think we're good on exploration with the golem homunculus then. We should bring it back and have it check the original door unactivated to round this whole experience out.

Ask Dr. Finch about the generators which appear to be uncontained and leaking energy particles all over the place. We might need to wear radiation suits while exploring this place as well. Similarly ask if Fuse's robo-leg would be a liability and thus render him unable to enter.

Then I think we should enter with Caius and Dr. Finch if he wants to join. This place seems safe enough and we don't want poor Caius to get cabin fever. If Fuse can join us to pick the lock good; and if not Caius can force it open.
Also check those wires. They look like they need to be fixed like the Mars Bunker wires.
Portal In Time 19th Mar 2018, 11:40 PM edit delete reply
Portal In Time
We could probably detect radiation while we're in the golem - just check for quickly dying cells from an outside source, or whatevs. We could tell with Caius, I think.
Leafia_Barrett 19th Mar 2018, 11:40 PM edit delete reply
Leafia_Barrett
Basically everything Blue said.
Fishbulb 19th Mar 2018, 11:50 PM edit delete reply
Fishbulb
I think Fuse is going to have to avoid Bunker E, at least until it's determined what effect electronics will have.
Macheman7 20th Mar 2018, 1:00 AM edit delete reply
Macheman7
Technically, we could sync with Fuse to pick the lock, too.
Portal In Time 19th Mar 2018, 11:41 PM edit delete reply
Portal In Time
If it's deemed safe, I'd like to go in here and try opening the door more, maybe with brute force, maybe simple lockpicking. Heck, we could probably just blood the lock, who knows.

Let's have a little fun with our Golem, retract the eye and toss it into one of the generators as we pull back our eye - It's not like we're going to run short on organic materials any time soon, and I wanna see something goo zap.
Eternity 20th Mar 2018, 12:10 AM edit delete reply
True, we do have a good amount of, uh, material on us, but if we really want to toss something in, maybe use something less vital than the eye.
Twyll 20th Mar 2018, 2:18 PM edit delete reply
I feel like that might end disastrously-- the golem may be expendable, but the generator is probably not.
Memo 20th Mar 2018, 12:23 AM edit delete reply
Memo
If the golem has the strength, we should check outside the magic door, when it is unlinked.
We should probably also make it a priority to collect tesla at some point.
And definitely read up on those incidents.
Madd 20th Mar 2018, 12:47 AM edit delete reply
Madd
Pull, our golem out and check out behind the door.
Also let's reattach our eye.