Comic 812 - Force your way in

Posted on 19th Mar 2018, 1:38 PM in No Easy Way Out
Force your way in

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (2 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 19th Mar 2018, 1:38 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You take a look around the small hallway, but there doesn't seem to be anything else here.

For whatever reason, Zone Fifty really didn't want anyone bringing electronics through this door.

You take a moment to get acquainted with your homunculus better. You can move the materials around inside it, and change those materials into other materials, because you have possession of it and the materials are the kind you can manipulate (muscle, bone, blood, and so on).

You cannot exchange its materials with those from your body or from the red, however, because you do not identify as as the golem. It's your materials, and your possession, but it's not part of your body any longer.

Except... for... the eye.

It takes a second for that to click.

The eyeball is technically still yours. You could pull red from it, if necessary--though, it would be hard to use your "safe" method (reaching in and personally taking something) with just an eye, and the "unsafe" method (spewing raw mass from the red and shaping it as it pours through) is still a gamble, even with a waypoint as small as an eyeball.

The door at the end of the hall is heavy, at least compared to your small golem. You have it take a firm grip with its bandages and pull down on the handle. It takes some time, and a good deal of effort, but eventually it manages to force the door open.

In the next room, strange generators softly hum. You can see dust hanging in the air.


You also put a blood alarm on your warehouse golem, to go off if anyone enters the warehouse. Just as a quick aside.

Comments:

Fishbulb 19th Mar 2018, 2:00 PM edit delete reply
Fishbulb
Check out the desk and wall for anything relevant, check the sign next to the door, and then see what's in the other rooms.
Archon 19th Mar 2018, 2:03 PM edit delete reply
Seems to be properly functioning. Good?
Check the notes above the desk.
Mochi 19th Mar 2018, 2:03 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
attempt to pull the squishy up on the desk to examine those books and whatever is stuck on the wall there. then head through the first door at the other end of the room, we'll save the marked door for last.
Portal In Time 19th Mar 2018, 2:05 PM edit delete reply
Portal In Time
Check out literally everything but those fancy lookin’ generators

Read the notes on the wall, check the drawers on the desk, how high quality is that office chair? I wonder what those books are for.
Portal In Time 19th Mar 2018, 2:06 PM edit delete reply
Portal In Time
Wow, everybody else is saying the same thing. Let’s head through the middle door after this in-depth examination of office supplies.
LytharWolfe 19th Mar 2018, 2:31 PM edit delete reply
LytharWolfe
That's probably a good thing, means we have a mental consensus. I agree, by the by.
pkrankow 19th Mar 2018, 2:36 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
If the air is dusty then something is stirring the air up.

Yes, we can check the generators a little later, read everything.
PurpleKetchup 19th Mar 2018, 3:09 PM edit delete reply
Those... don't look like superconducting magnets. Going to wildly assume these beams produce some sort of EMP field. Edison's birthplace ? Or maybe torture chamber ?

Also, right now Jane can totally eyeball the amount of red to spew from the portal (rimshot echoes faintly).
Steak Knight 19th Mar 2018, 3:33 PM edit delete reply
Even if you don't pull exactly what you intend with the "unsafe method" can't you use matter redistribution to reshape it into what you wanted(as long as you have the anatomical knowledge necessary)?
Warp 21st Mar 2018, 1:46 PM edit delete reply
this is true! Before, the problem was that she couldn't reshape what the Red provided, but now Jane CAN re-shape flesh and bone regardless if the Red provides it in the form of an extra ear or bits of teeth!