Comic 792 - Deploy Michelle

Posted on 9th Mar 2018, 7:24 PM in No Easy Way Out
Deploy Michelle

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 4 (1 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 9th Mar 2018, 7:24 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You tell the cultists to focus, singularly, on moving forward. You have Willard squeak, trying to draw their attention to the door.

You drop Michelle off as close to the church as you think you can get. While she charges down the street, you focus on disassociating.

It's not you.

You are not the brain.

You are the blood.

The blood cannot be controlled.

You are the blood.

Michelle stops short of the church.

You tell her to keep going.

You, the blood, command her.

One cultist, the man in the suit, and Willard emerge from the front door. You have Michelle hit the cultist with a blood dart and load another. He's still struggling against the Many, but not much--the focus of the Many is likely on those still inside.

You send Michelle through the door. The remaining cultists are gripping Mav on either side. There's no real struggle--they're simply holding her arms, though all three show confusion and frustration in their faces. The Many is forcing them to hold still. The Many knows you're here for Mav.

Beyond the door to the sanctuary, Michelle can see it--a large robot, blaring wholly inappropriate music. Michelle can smell burning wood, and hear a noise like... microlasers. Military grade microlasers, designed for cutting through walls.

Arvin lowers the volume of his music for the sake of hearing his own voice. It blares through the robot's built in speakers. "Is that YOU, Michelle?! I'm AMAZED you're still alive! Is the nurse here, too? Teeell meee the nurse is here."

It continues to carve into the wall. It'll have made itself a passageway, soon. With the firing rate of the dart gun, you're not sure you can get all three blooded before the robot gets through. The grip of the cultists seems firm.

You command your normal body to keep driving the pickup. You force her to circle around the block, toward the back. You suspect the level, if burned, could distract the Many; however, you're not accustomed to piloting multiple bodies while disconnected like this. Even having your regular form driving while ordering Michelle's body around feels... off. Detached, like floating in a dream. You're in both places at once, but... you're not there at all.

Sending your natural body in through the back to deter the Many could make things easier for Michelle; however, it may be a very different fight for you.

You, the blood.

Comments:

Leafia_Barrett 9th Mar 2018, 8:08 PM edit delete reply
Leafia_Barrett
Puppet the cultists outwards. Doesn't matter where, just not towards the robot and out of the Many's range. With fewer people to worry about, we can puppet Michelle and have her carry us out. If the Many puts up too much of a fight to force the cultists out, then we may have to offer ourselves as bait, and hope that our willpower is stronger than the Many's.
PurpleKetchup 9th Mar 2018, 9:19 PM edit delete reply
Can we use the gelled pool of red from earlier as a mini-me ? Splattering that robot's cameras with blood should help slow it down.
Twyll 9th Mar 2018, 9:24 PM edit delete reply
I don't think we can control it, since it isn't *inside* something. And it may not be properly blood, even.
Madd 9th Mar 2018, 10:32 PM edit delete reply
Madd
Possible, if it still has blood in it it could count as being inside of the goop.
Twyll 9th Mar 2018, 9:22 PM edit delete reply
We, the blood, might as well give distracting the Many a try. We've been working really hard on our control, and practicing a lot (remember me bugging everyone about meditation constantly? :P) so hopefully it should see fruit here.
undeadDreamer 9th Mar 2018, 9:36 PM edit delete reply
Can we pull red from the cat? I kind of don't want to but we only have so many options. If we can we might be able to surround the machine with flesh and bone after having the cat charge at it. Blood cultists and Mav. Have them run if you can.
undeadDreamer 9th Mar 2018, 9:36 PM edit delete reply
Can we pull red from the cat? I kind of don't want to but we only have so many options. If we can we might be able to surround the machine with flesh and bone after having the cat charge at it. Blood cultists and Mav. Have them run if you can.
undeadDreamer 9th Mar 2018, 9:37 PM edit delete reply
Also ask the brain what it thinks.
undeadDreamer 9th Mar 2018, 9:37 PM edit delete reply
Also ask the brain what it thinks.
Madd 9th Mar 2018, 9:41 PM edit delete reply
Madd
Try to grab all three and book it if we can, just make sure you get Mav.