Comic 725 - Try to lure the truck

Posted on 7th Jan 2018, 10:02 PM in No Easy Way Out
Try to lure the truck

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (5 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 7th Jan 2018, 10:02 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You tell Zene to take his dad and get out of there, preferably out the back door, and get to an alley or something. You bring up trying to get everyone out of there, but you don't know if there's time. You pull the hummer out of the parking lot, and take it to the road, trying to lure the truck away.

Michelle leans out the window, firing the scoped pistol into the truck's windshield. She hits dead on where the driver should be, but the truck keeps coming. Not totally unexpected--unmanned or autonomous trucks are not that uncommon anymore.

You drive the hummer down the road, but the truck doesn't change course. It seems to be going after the fast food place, not your vehicle. You swerve back around so Michelle can take another shot; she hits one of the truck's front tires on the first try.

"This is a good pistol," she mutters, though she's too focused to get excited just yet.

The truck swerves, and turns. It tries to maintain its speed and course, but it's no longer straightened out. After several attempts to correct, it slides to a halt, not all that far from you and the restaurant.

The truck sits there, spread halfway across the middle of the road, you and Michelle staring at it. She reaches into the back seat for the shotgun.

You hear a dull thumping from inside the truck's trailer. There's another moment of silence before Michelle speaks up.

"We're in the middle tiers in broad daylight."

Thump. Thump.

"There's no way they're dumb enough to send a monster after us here, at this hour. Right?"

The thumping becomes accompanied by a loud scraping noise. The trailer shakes.

Comments:

LytharWolfe 7th Jan 2018, 10:17 PM edit delete reply
LytharWolfe
Ram the bitch the moment it comes out of the truck. We have a hummer. Unless the monster is more metal than meat, we'd definitely cause debilitating damage.
BunnyMuffin 7th Jan 2018, 10:37 PM edit delete reply
Though Michelle could be hurt in the process.... hmm I really don’t want anyone else hurt :(
Blue_Elite 8th Jan 2018, 12:43 AM edit delete reply
Last time Carpenter created a monster capable of slicing through concrete. I'd rather not engage whatever is in there until we know WHAT is in there.
wierdweblurker 7th Jan 2018, 10:20 PM edit delete reply
We're out of time. Have Zene blood dear old Dad now and get them out of there. For the monster, I highly doubt our armament will affect a creature of that size. Retreat and let some police or military forces take care of it, preferably people with those Stratameyer guns.
pkrankow 7th Jan 2018, 10:59 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
Should be no need to blood dad now, he passes the Patton Thale test. Pick him up and go get mom, unless this just turned into a boss fight... fight boss first. He will need some added questioning about STQ before taking him to the bunker, blindfolded.
rufiangel 7th Jan 2018, 10:21 PM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Well, truck. :P

a) Great zooming hummer XD b) Super great semi-truck :D c) love Michelle's muttering <3 d) well crap damn, ANOTHER MONSTER BUT NOW IN BROAD DAYLIGHT, CRAP.

Could we ask Michelle to use her tube-cop voice I think to get everyone to evacuate as much as possible? I remember she used it once in Howler's apartment and Fuse heard it all the way in the secret room down a vent, so it should be pretty loud XD; in lieu of a loudspeaker and siren...

Uhm, arm ourselves with what we've got and have Zene and his dad find their way to the hummer somehow? It seems like one of the safer places to be, since we can floor it if they can make it here. I'm not too sure on this though since leaving a monster to do whatever here seems like a terrible idea as well. Argh. Can we actually handle what comes out of that thing?
Twyll 7th Jan 2018, 10:34 PM edit delete reply
If we gtfo, they might not have a reason to bring the monster out? Maybe...?
rufiangel 7th Jan 2018, 10:44 PM edit delete reply
rufiangel
I think it would depend on the mechanism of what they've got containing the thing, but it's probably a one-way delivery. I could be wrong of course, but... :')
Xylas_Incarnum 7th Jan 2018, 10:27 PM edit delete reply
Xylas_Incarnum
Yes, yes they are that dumb. .... not to mention after Shirai and Mac have moved over to neutral leaning towards your camp out of Thale's he's probably a bit short of other kinds of muscle for mid and upper tiers.
We really need to get Michelle another one of those infantry laser canon guns. Better to have it and get traced by it than not have it at this rate.

Any claims about us being terrorists that might come of it can be sorted out after we've taken down the big man.
BunnyMuffin 7th Jan 2018, 10:36 PM edit delete reply
Ohshitshitshit! Nooo not a monster! Let’s gun up and take it down, I’m worried if we hit it with the car Michelle will be injured *~* we have no idea exactly what it is, best to be on the safe side! Maybe if Zene has a phone he can call the police/FBI/ect.?
Twyll 7th Jan 2018, 10:36 PM edit delete reply
Yyyyeah, we need to grab Zene and his dad, then make like Sonic the Hedgehog and escape from the city. Or this part of the city, at any rate.
Nayru9572 7th Jan 2018, 10:39 PM edit delete reply
Regardless of what happens, keep an eye on Zene and his dad: I've got this bad feeling that they'll be ambushed while we're being kept busy...
Madd 7th Jan 2018, 10:43 PM edit delete reply
Madd
Lets maybe not suicide rush it, lets circle around and grab Zene with his dad and GTFO.

We can't take that thing, if it needs a huge truck to move it it's too much for our current armament.
Crestlinger 7th Jan 2018, 10:53 PM edit delete reply
Screw secrecy, blood the trailer's hatch, bend it shut then the four edges of the trailer and crush the thing in its metal tomb.
Auron 7th Jan 2018, 11:02 PM edit delete reply
I'm not entirely clear on how cops work but if you can call some sort of authority to notify them a monster is about to rampage. Of course since they're stupid enough to send a monster where people can see if you could defeat it publicly. Public opinion could be important.
Blue_Elite 8th Jan 2018, 12:32 AM edit delete reply
Call Jury on the phone ASAP. If nothing else this might win us an enemy-of-my-enemy with the FBI realizing just how dangerous Carpenter is at the very least.

Check on Fuse to see if just-by-chance the new leg is done. We can send Dr. Finch to pick him up if it is.

Otherwise hang back and monitor the situation. If this is Carpenter's work, whatever is inside may have guns.
If we can get Zene to get his father to evacuate the people in the restaurant that'd be great.