Comic 703 - Peek through the door

Posted on 20th Dec 2017, 2:07 AM in Ghosts
Peek through the door

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 4.83 (6 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 20th Dec 2017, 2:07 AM edit delete
Morgenstern
Michelle approaches the door, attempting to peek through the cracks.

She leans in close... just in time to see a needle-like appendage lunging for her face.

Michelle jerks backward, the bone point splitting the wood and slicing across her cheek. While backing up, she fires her shotgun through the door. More needles break through the wood, wiggling and turning until they have their grips in it... then rip the door loose, hurling it at Michelle.

The monster doesn't throw the door very hard, however. Michelle brings an arm up, knocking the door aside and to the floor before firing another shotgun blast. The spread tears the flesh off the front of the creature... revealing thick bone underneath, almost like a giant, misshapen skull.

"Huh," is all Fuse can muster.

The creature starts to squeeze through the door. It flails its needle tipped tendrils, an awful sound accompanying them--like a multitude of bones popping in and out of sockets. It has larger, actual arms, but they don't move nearly as much--or as rapidly--as the tendrils do.

Comments:

Twyll 20th Dec 2017, 2:22 AM edit delete reply
FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE

Or I guess, as it comes through in Fuse's very-level'd mind, "fire"

PLZ
BunnyMuffin 20th Dec 2017, 2:50 AM edit delete reply
Go Michelle \(*^*)/
FIRE!!! Kill itttttt!
Bluhx2 20th Dec 2017, 2:24 AM edit delete reply
Bluhx2
Welp. Another one.
rufiangel 20th Dec 2017, 2:27 AM edit delete reply
rufiangel
-v- I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN

Please kill with fire. Maybe shoot a tranq (or three) at it. Oh, and just keep shooting at it with the shot gun.

Is hand sanitiser flammable? Maybe Michelle could hurl that at it (the thing right next to the door I mean) and shoot it, and Fuse could have an easier time setting it on fire. Yeah.
Auron 20th Dec 2017, 2:30 AM edit delete reply
Things need to breath. Find whatever hole this thing breaths through and light it on fire. Also back up a bit.
Portal In Time 20th Dec 2017, 2:31 AM edit delete reply
Portal In Time
You think Thale has direct control over the thing? The body itself is all slow and burdened, but its tendrils are dexterous.. Much like comparing our golem and our bandages. Thale would only have to give commands to a mind, the monster's mind, to move its body, but the tendrils themselves wouldn't need to much, would they?

Anyways, yeah. Firepower, both gun-wise and Fuse-wise. If we've got any way of contacting Blondie without an alarm and without shooting a quick text or something like that, we should let her know of the situation.
Nayru9572 20th Dec 2017, 2:31 AM edit delete reply
Setting something on fire in a hospital doesn't sound like a good idea. Let's keep that as a last resort.
Frission 20th Dec 2017, 3:29 AM edit delete reply
Frission
Remember we learned about when he was introduced that he can also extinguish fire the same way. Should be fine to light it up. I'd have him focus the fire on the tendrils; if they're as thin as they sound, it shouldn't be too hard to try to burn through them and snap them right off.
Crestlinger 20th Dec 2017, 2:34 AM edit delete reply
Uh oh, If Jane can, check Michelle for diseases, etc.
Pain Killer Away!
Empty the shotgun into this thing while slowly backing away, aim for the back of the open jaw and shoot its head clean Off.
If that doesn't work, throw those chairs into it and then have Fuse set the lot on fire.
Espylacopa 20th Dec 2017, 2:43 AM edit delete reply
Espylacopa
Torch its eyes. If nothing else that should at least buy you some more time to find other weak points.
Blue_Elite 20th Dec 2017, 3:01 AM edit delete reply
Agree to torch/shoot the eyes. At the very least take that sense away from it.
Frission 20th Dec 2017, 3:28 AM edit delete reply
Frission
"Go for the eyes, Boo! GO FOR THE EYES!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAASK!!!!"
LytharWolfe 20th Dec 2017, 7:53 AM edit delete reply
LytharWolfe
Ooh, nice Baldur's Gate reference. For Boo, the miniature giant space hamster!
Blue_Elite 20th Dec 2017, 3:06 AM edit delete reply
If Michelle can fire her shotgun one-handed, grab a chair and go lion-tamer on that thing.

Otherwise try to take out senses. First go for the eyes as they appear to be pretty obvious. If a nose can be identified, we know from the past killing their sense of smell is a good move (and one fire should be really good at hurting).
If running out of options, trying to strip the flesh/muscle from those tendrils would be the next best move.
PurpleKetchup 20th Dec 2017, 8:54 AM edit delete reply
After this mess is dealt with (assuming an unhealthy amount of pellets and fire will be able to), Fuse should get in touch with our intrepid reporter Lydia ASAP and have her start a viral report about bioprinters going stark crazy. The other hospitals have to start shutting these things down and removing any paste canisters they've got plugged in.

Every single person ongoing surgery right now might very well be getting free loads of bioprinted blood to go with their brand new organs.

This is a bloody nightmare in the making.
Swagner 20th Dec 2017, 1:30 PM edit delete reply
Swagner
1. Shoot it.
2. Set it on fire.
3. GOTO 1