Comic 625 - Decide on a plan

Posted on 27th Nov 2017, 9:03 PM in Ghosts
Decide on a plan

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (2 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 27th Nov 2017, 9:03 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You... think you have the beginnings of a plan. Maybe.

You can force a sync on Macland to enter his mind and attempt to negotiate with the Nothing.

If negotiation fails, you can drag it back into your own mind, then try to overwhelm it on your own terms. This ...may require you to figure out how to enter your own mindscape. Red mentioned it specifically as shoving your conscious into your subconscious--if you can isolate the entity itself, you may be able to push your consciousness into that, leaving your alien mind out of it.

There are three addenda to this plan.

(Where did you get the word addenda?)

If you believe you'll need your allies for this, then you'll need to sync with them at the start of the chain. Once you've gone into Macland's mind, it may not be easy to find your way back out. You suspect it will be easier to maneuver from Macland's mind to your own, but without escaping the mindscape you can't connect with the others. You would need to decide who you're taking with you (if anyone) ahead of time.

If you don't believe you can destroy the entity outright, you could--potentially--drag it from a current mind to that of your rat. However, doing this would require syncing with the rat, something you've avoided until now (for fear of what syncing with a rat could do to you mentally). Because you, again, cannot sync from inside the mindscape... the rat sync would need to happen before you enter Macland's mind.

If you believe this plan could really fall apart, you could have your allies freeze you after the entity is in your brain. That would isolate the creature, and minimize any damage from you possibly turning into a monster. You would need to leave Dr. Finch out of the sync (so he can figure out how to fix it all), and you would need to leave at least one other person capable of hauling your unconscious and maybe transforming body to Bunker B.



You were excited about having a plan until you thought about the plan more, and now you are less excited.

Comments:

rufiangel 27th Nov 2017, 9:33 PM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Geez Louise.

*puts head in hands*

I think I need to think about this a whole lot more. Brb. ;__;

EDIT: Okay, I feel like we're jumping a little too way ahead here. I think we should focus first on removing the subconscious barrier, which is in Jane. No need to touch upon that abomination in Macland's head just yet.

I know it potentially touches upon memories that we don't want damaged but we don't know for sure yet. Is there a way to check out the situation in our own head and locate the qualia or whatever in our own mind, first, so we can see just how difficult it would be to remove it? Whatever the case may be, there's a reason the Thing didn't want to use Jane as its host and be 'too greedy', knowing that there's something in Jane that could overpower it. It's been insidious and sneaky all this time for a reason. I think Jane may have the ability to get rid of it, once she's aware.

Possible to focus on that first? Maybe waking Macland up after removing that subconscious barrier would then change the mindscape and affect the success rate of our current state of kind-of-terrible plans. Thoughts?
Baeronius 27th Nov 2017, 9:39 PM edit delete reply
Baeronius
This nothing entity is so high-strung, right?
Dose Macland up with marijuana first then. The cumulative effects would be stable and constant, it would have to strain to keep its position active within his mind, as thoughts are loosened.
If it's an entity of thought, this would soften it, and make it unable to take a solid stance, or position, due to memory retention also falling.

You can envision it like pestering an evil librarian... I guess. Heh.
So like, the Evil...brarian? Evilbrarian has to keep all the books in tidy order to keep the ritual running, but the drug will go through tossing books onto the floor without end, forcing the Evilbrarian to pick everything up, sort it and return it, all the while the drug is just flippin more books off the shelves, and squealing down the aisles as it runs to and fro.
Deadly Death Sickle 27th Nov 2017, 10:33 PM edit delete reply
Deadly Death Sickle
Of course weed had to come into this...
Baeronius 27th Nov 2017, 10:43 PM edit delete reply
Baeronius
Well, it's more like, I guess this thing ran on memory function, so I wanted something that could mess up memory function without being fully detrimental to recovery.
I don't really promote drugs of any variety if I can help it, but eh. Medical applications are not always to one's favor.

The criteria was "relatively safe" "messes with mind function" "easy to recover from". So eh.
Twyll 27th Nov 2017, 9:57 PM edit delete reply
We should try discussing our options with everyone we realistically can. Grizwald definitely might have suggestions for us. (He might also know where we can get another rat, or maybe a cat or something-- perhaps the Nothing would be more comfortable entering a predator, and thus it might be easier to stuff it into one.) If we can wrangle one of the feral cats from the streets around the bunker, I suggest we go for one of those.

We also reaaaaally should talk things over with Jury. Maybe the PJs are nearly done fixing her, or at least have an ETA by now? We might be able to get an extension from Gesenai on the basis of needing Jury to help, and it being Gesenai's fault that we don't have access to her right now.
Allwarden47 28th Nov 2017, 9:21 PM edit delete reply
I’m for moving it to a rat’s mind if negotiation fails. I’m still sticking with the fact that this thing could be really useful. If there’s a possibility we could sic it on Thale, That’d be a good way to get rid of him. And regardless, actually killing it seems like a bad idea when we’re still not entirely sure what ‘it’ is. It could very well have made itself so at home that actually killing it while still inside us could kill us too. Actually, now that I think about it, given what happened to Macland, I’d say that such an outcome is not only possible, but likely