Comic 608 - Set an ambush

Posted on 22nd Nov 2017, 4:22 PM in Ghosts
Set an ambush

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (2 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 22nd Nov 2017, 4:22 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
Using your knowledge of the area, Michelle's perspective and your nearest raven, you start coordinating where Michelle should drive to set up an ambush.

She circles around, luring the black vehicle back around and past your car. You pull out of an alley as the pursuing hummer drives by, putting you alongside it for the moment as it chases Michelle.

The passenger side window rolls down. The man in the suit takes aim at you, but Fuse has a clear view of him from the back seat. Before your attacker can pull the trigger, he bursts into flames, throwing his aim off. He squeezes the trigger, the bullet traveling through your window. You feel it brush through your hair as it passes, but it doesn't hit you.

"GOT DAYUMN!," Caius yells, the bullet cracking his window on its way through the car. It doesn't hit him, however.

"G-Got it," Dr. Finch forces out. "If we can lose our tail, the signal is disrupted and our device should be good to create a fake--"

The black vehicle jerks hard to the side, slamming into the side of your car. You try to keep control, but are sent off the side of the road. You ram straight into a street light.

The air bag slamming into your face stuns you for a moment.

As you start to get your wits about you again, you ask if everyone's alright.

"Yeah," Fuse mutters.

"I... my my my glasses are, are somewhere in the car," Dr. Finch states.

You look over to the passenger seat, but Caius is no longer there. There's a huge hole in the windshield.

Far, far ahead of you, the man in the red suit is rolling around in the street in an attempt to put the fire out. The black vehicle he was in is reversing, backing up the road without him, steadily approaching your position. They seem to have abandoned chasing Michelle in favor of trying to finish you off.

Closer to your car, out of the corner of your eye you spot Caius crawling toward a nearby dumpster, probably trying to put some sort of cover between him and the hummer. You can't get a good look at him from here, but he's definitely bleeding from being sent through the windshield.

Comments:

Mochi 22nd Nov 2017, 4:53 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
AND THIS IS WHY SEAT BELTS ARE IMPORTANT.

painkiller caius. tell michelle to turn around and come back, we can surround them. if possible, finish off the guy in the street, either by shooting him or with more fire if he's too far to get a good bead on. everyone needs to find cover. hiding behind the wheel wells of the car will offer us more protection than just the doors or body would. i know we've been trying to avoid it, but it might be time to sync everybody up with michelle. we need as much help as we can get.

pull one of the burner phones. i think it's time to call gesenai. ...you know, if we don't all die first.
Cuttlefish 22nd Nov 2017, 8:09 PM edit delete reply
Agreed with all - but we should physically pull Finch from the car before it collides. He can get new glasses some other time.
Dragon_ANGL 22nd Nov 2017, 4:54 PM edit delete reply
Agh! CAIUS! Quickly assist Caius with our medical knowledge, and let Fuse help Finch with the glasses, so Finch can help too. Umm...think back to the hospital (Chapter 1) and whether Jane prefers the slow horror moments or the action-packed car chase scenes.
PurpleKetchup 22nd Nov 2017, 5:24 PM edit delete reply
Geeze... poor Caius. He didn't lose consciousness so far, but better plan for treatment asap. Jane might try to assist his body in not healing wrong - aneurysms are not funny business.
Cuttlefish 22nd Nov 2017, 8:03 PM edit delete reply
Caius will be ok - think of how many new ears we can accidentally grow on him!
But really, he was built for this sort of stuff. We have to imagine he’s a little hardier than the average bear.
Wierdweblurker 22nd Nov 2017, 5:41 PM edit delete reply
We need to move. If the car's still functional, set it rolling at a slow speed toward the nearest alleyway. Then hoof it down the alley. They can either stop for the canister or pursue us and give us time to set up an ambush.
Nayru9572 22nd Nov 2017, 6:13 PM edit delete reply
They're not interested in the canister, sadly enough. The fact that they went after Michelle is proof enough (unless you want to get convoluted).
Though that does remind me, maybe we should check if the canister's still intact.
rufiangel 22nd Nov 2017, 6:24 PM edit delete reply
rufiangel
The GIF is cool :D

And freaking heck everyone, I'm glad we're all alive but seriously poor Caius :'D at least he's still moving, though? Geez.

I think we need to disperse. I thought about having us all pull out as fast as possible (Fuse grab Dr. Finch's glasses) and join Caius behind the dumpster before Fuse sets the gas tank alight (that car is a lost cause)... but then I remembered the canister and I didn't know if that was such a good idea since we can't move that canister without Caius/Michelle, and burning it in an exploding fireball may either ruin the container and set Edison free, or destroy it and Edison inside and I don't know if we'd feel so great about that. The alternative is to rip the gas tank out and chuck it at the black vehicle before setting it alight but I don't know if we have the strength to do that with just Fuse/Dr. Finch/Jane, nor the time to do it without brute strength. ~_~ (EDIT: Aw NUTS I forgot Jury parts are in the car. Yeah never mind, we need the car intact.)

Michelle seems to be our best hope and bet, if she can come back around in time to help divert its attention enough for us to actually approach the car door and get to the driver. I'd prefer it if she didn't have to total her truck, though. >_>