Comic 504 - Discuss the manifest more thoroughly

Posted on 11th Oct 2017, 10:53 PM in Doors
Discuss the manifest more thoroughly

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (3 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 11th Oct 2017, 10:53 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You ask Dr. Finch if he could go take a look at what Fuse is seeing, as well.

"Hm... hm hm hm," Dr. Finch begins, adjusting his glasses. "Small quantities... the samples do look like measurements of samples. These look like standard methods of describing rocks, to be precise."

You mention the drill parts you found.

"Ah, yes then," Dr. Finch states more confidently. "There must be some sort of mining operation or equivalent outside. They're likely testing the ground or... the soil."

Dr. Finch stops, making his way toward the nearest plant container. He runs a quick scan over its soil, prodding at it a bit with a random object from his pocket.

"Hm. Maybe not soil, then. This soil looks fairly mundane..." He shakes his head. "The density to weight ratio mentioned in those documents sounds more appropriate for genuine rocks, anyway, I just thought we might get lucky. Still..."

Dr. Finch takes out a small vial, and picks up a sample of soil.

"Just in case. I'm sure it cooperates in some way with how the plants are grown here, which may still be interesting on its own even if it doesn't solve our present series of mysteries."

Fuse continues to cycle through old e-mail discourse.

"The amount of yelling going on definitely picks up after a point," Fuse says.

"Perhaps they found something," Dr. Finch replies. "If this lab was only taking the samples of rock--not testing them--then they'd be unaware of what discoveries were actually made. Perhaps whichever Zone Fifty branch did the actual experimentation on the samples procured here found something to be urgent about."

Comments:

Kitty 11th Oct 2017, 11:11 PM edit delete reply
Hmmm. If they were taking samples of stuff, what were they keeping and transporting them in? Everything seems to have been cleared out already, so it's unlikely that we'll find a sample just lying around in here... Guess we might actually have to go outside and look for ourselves.

Waitwaitwait, maybe we *are* on Mars, what if the stuff being isolated from the "product" is the Mars blood!?
Kitty 11th Oct 2017, 11:13 PM edit delete reply
Since going outside seems rather dangerous, especially with a kludged-together space suit, I suggest we try this to figure out where we are: bring the baby red here, and have it get in contact with the main red-- not to have it start growing towards here, but to see how distant they are from each other. Hopefully it will be able to figure that out.
Baeronius 12th Oct 2017, 12:03 AM edit delete reply
Baeronius
Wouldn't Jane be able to get a small idea of distance to something like... Griswald's vial?

I mean, even if the idea is not as precise, we could at least try to figure out how to "feel" distances like Mom's Red can.
It's a skill we know a Red can do, but a haven't tried it for ourself.
rufiangel 12th Oct 2017, 12:19 AM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Jane has never been able to gauge distance between herself and whatever has her blood in it, which has been why we can never locate where something with her blood is exactly without other clues; she can only perceive its immediate surroundings and deduce its location based on that. Distance also doesn't seem to disrupt her ability to find her blood vessels (get it? hurr) either - we were in Bunker A when we checked on all of them and Jane didn't note any particular difficulty doing so, even though were on the other side of the planet.

I think it's different for her mom's red, because her mom's red is completely externalised.

That said, perhaps we can still try and see if we can learn a new trick and learn how to gauge distance from where we are at, in relation to the blood vessel. But I think we need a sort of... 'trick' behind it? Like, a specific *way* to locate it. For example... we could maybe get said blood cells to emit some kind of pulse. I dunno. We still haven't really tried experimenting with electric impulses that blood cells are capable of doing; blood-GPS aside it would be kind of cool to have the ability to zap people with our blood powers so maybe this is worth exploring later XD;
rufiangel 12th Oct 2017, 12:25 AM edit delete reply
rufiangel
I think your theory sounds like it might be the case Kitty >_>

I second the motion to try the Baby Red test to see if we are still on our planet or not XD

EDIT: 'am not know' 'well, damn'
rufiangel 11th Oct 2017, 11:49 PM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Oh geez, are we really on Mars? XD;; Because... that would be kind of crazy cool lolol

Not too sure how to feel about stepping out the airlock if that's the case, though I suppose we could always just peek out and then, uh, come right back in XD;; but maybe that could be dangerous too.

Perhaps we should go back to Bunker A so Dr. Finch can run tests on the soil and the daisies we picked, and we can get a better idea of what we're dealing with here? Hm.
Nayru9572 12th Oct 2017, 1:12 AM edit delete reply
I say that if we're done checking everything inside the bunker (Fuse can copy the emails or something if he thinks it'll take a while) we should retreat to bunker A and have Finch investigate the samples.
It doesn't sound like a good idea to go out of the bunker without a suit, and the idea of immediately moving here also doesn't sound good if we don't know enough about it.
Why, for all we know the daisies'll grow onto the beds to try and feed of off us. You can't say it couldn't happen in this comic.