Comic 471 - Send rat back into the hall

Posted on 5th Oct 2017, 2:53 AM in Doors
Send rat back into the hall

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (4 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 5th Oct 2017, 2:53 AM edit delete
Morgenstern
You have your rat follow the one android out into the hall, at the very least to see what she's going to do. The android begins to carefully inspect the walls, likely looking for cracks or openings.

You fill the rest of your group in on what's happening.

"That... alright." Caius starts to respond, but doesn't seem to know what to say. "Jury... seriously trusts us, don't she? Between the other Juries and tha... whatever in tha tubes."

"She might not have thought we'd make it to Bunker B," Fuse says.

"She may not have known about Bunker B," adds Dr. Finch. "She may not be aware of any bunker but this one, or she may have anticipated us reaching some unknown third bunker. Difficult to gauge as of now, I think."

Caius attempts to call Jury--if she does know something about this, she may know what it would take to approach the other androids safely.

Of course, his phone doesn't get a signal from inside the bunker. "Dammit... I guess I'm steppin' outside."

"Hold on," Dr. Finch says, stopping Caius as he starts to leave the room. "They didn't attack our ambassador on sight, correct? If my lab rat has Zone Fifty employee credentials it's news to me. Surely they'd treat a human visitor as peacefully as they did a rat...?"

Fuse shrugs. "Rat's not a threat. People might be. Besides, we have no idea how functional these guys' ability to think is. One of them gave the rat a stern warning. Could be iffy coding, if their programmers just didn't expect a rat to show up in the middle of the ice base... or the girls could have a screw loose."

Comments:

Archon 5th Oct 2017, 3:11 AM edit delete reply
I suppose if we wish to try communicating with them know, we could try talking to them from outside the bunker.
Shouting or somesuch to get their attention.
Deadly Death Sickle 5th Oct 2017, 3:16 AM edit delete reply
Deadly Death Sickle
I think sending a note with the rat is the better option here. Showing up via shouting might not be a great idea
Akasha 5th Oct 2017, 3:24 AM edit delete reply
Provided we do try and make contact with them, anyways. I'm neutral towards the idea, but if we do, I'd rather do so through notes rather than by shouting.
Baeronius 5th Oct 2017, 3:24 AM edit delete reply
Baeronius
So what? Do we use the rat to appease them with a note and a dance?

Willard is his name?
rufiangel 5th Oct 2017, 3:26 AM edit delete reply
rufiangel
What would we write on the note? 'Hello, we are friends who mean you no harm and just want to talk. Please speak to the rat. The rat understands.' XD;;;
Varil1024 5th Oct 2017, 8:13 AM edit delete reply
Varil1024
Maybe something like "Hello, the rat won't chew your wires and just wants to talk. He has to leave to get notes but if you talk to him he'll bring you responses. What's your name?"

That'll help us learn both if they're open to communication and to see how...human they can be? If they have names, then maybe they're just like poorly maintained Jury's, capable of independent thought. Though not having names might NOT indicate that, but if they've been stuck here awhile like it seems it seems probably that they would have some way of indicating themselves.
rufiangel 5th Oct 2017, 11:00 AM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Our rat came through the door, right? XD; Will they be okay with the door opening and shutting frequently for our note passing? lolol
Blue_Elite 5th Oct 2017, 5:37 AM edit delete reply
Any boxes around to make a crude robot (robox?) costume and use that as an intermediary step in case confrontation is unavoidable?
If so make sure it doesn't have arms (so that whoever wears it can claim to be "unarmed").
Mochi 5th Oct 2017, 7:56 AM edit delete reply
Mochi
you know what, i vote we get the rat out and just… leave well enough alone. we don’t need to know what’s going on here, everything is contained and on ice and the droids seem to have things handled. we should get rid of the numbers, though, to prevent anyone else from doing what we did. like… we have enough to contend with without accidentally unleashing hostile super aliens. we can see if fuse’s program turns up any other possible combinations, but we should probably just… not touch this one.
Memo 5th Oct 2017, 8:26 AM edit delete reply
I'm confused, why can't Caius go outside? Since we all are inside bunker A (except Michelle who is out shopping), the portal must lead from "city outside" to bunker A.
Unless I missed the part where Willard learned to use a key card, and open a big door. (And trapping us all on the other side)
Or have I missed something completely?
Also, would Fuse be able to create new ZZ50 ID cards for us? They close down so long ago, the design should be available somewhere online.
Mochi 5th Oct 2017, 8:43 AM edit delete reply
Mochi
it’s not that finch is stopping him from going outside, finch is stopping him from calling jury because he doesn’t think it’s necessary.
Memo 5th Oct 2017, 8:50 AM edit delete reply
Ah, that makes sense :) thanks for clearing that up
Memo 5th Oct 2017, 8:56 AM edit delete reply
I would like Willard to explore the last door as well, as I feel it's better to know what's there, instead of having a nasty surprise later.
Am I alone in that sentiment, or do you guys agree?
AlphaDragon 5th Oct 2017, 9:08 AM edit delete reply
I think we should do as Memo suggests and check all the doors. Then make a tactical retreat.
I think a side project for Fuse should be seeing if he can access the droids through the network our computer hooked to. If he can do that he can probably adjust the code so we are recognized as "Friendly".
rufiangel 5th Oct 2017, 10:59 AM edit delete reply
rufiangel
That sounds like a good plan to me. I mean, we can also check with Jury later I suppose, see if she has a clue. XD; But for the most part I think it's not urgent to find out what's going on in bunker B. If anything, it does seem a bit like leaving it be would be safer than tampering with something that reeeally needs to not be tampered with. I'm super curious but honestly right now I would only want to know for the sake of satisfying that curiosity, which may not be worth the risk XD;
Mochi 5th Oct 2017, 9:23 AM edit delete reply
Mochi
hey matt i have a question. is green fuse’s natural hair colour? he’s pyrokinetic and we’ve seen weirder mutations… if it’s not, he’s made the conscious choice to dye his hair a shade of green that matches his visor, which is ridiculous but i love it.
Nayru9572 5th Oct 2017, 1:28 PM edit delete reply
If not then Fuse made the conscious decision to buy a visor matching his hair, which would have pretty much the same effect.
Mochi 5th Oct 2017, 2:23 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
in my opinion, it's far less ridiculous if the hair came first. like, if he found a visor that matches his hair and went "hey, neat, i bet i can make this work", then that's fair enough. if the visor came first, then he's so committed to his ~ a e s t h e t i c ~ that he's carefully dying his hair the exact same shade of green and that makes things real fun.

not that i'm trying to put him on blast or anything, i truly respect his dedication and strong self-image.
Morgenstern 5th Oct 2017, 5:15 PM edit delete reply
Morgenstern
It is, truly, a mystery for the ages
Mochi 5th Oct 2017, 5:26 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
cheeky :P
lil Joshu 5th Oct 2017, 11:40 AM edit delete reply
lil Joshu
Proto-Juries...
I recommend proceeding no further until we can get in contact with Jury.
PurpleKetchup 5th Oct 2017, 12:55 PM edit delete reply
Hard to tell how they would react to a human intruder. We clearly don't have credentials they could check, unless...

Either Jane tells them about her father and hope they remember him (in a good way...), or we get in touch with Jury so she enters first and adds the team to the guestlist.