Comic 427 - Tell Dr. Finch to check out

Posted on 23rd Sep 2017, 8:54 PM in Doors
Tell Dr. Finch to check out

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (1 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 23rd Sep 2017, 8:54 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You hand the USB off to Fuse, and ask him to copy the hospital surveillance so you'll have duplicates. Just in case.

You check on Macland Row. Nothing's changed with his condition, and Knox is still by his side. Knox seems... not as impatient as he was before talking to Gesenai, but he's standing, ready, as if waiting for something.

You fill everyone in on what's going on with Dr. Finch... and then you ask Dr. Finch if he can walk on his own, and possibly check himself out. You try not to worry him by sounding too rushed about it.

Dr. Finch talks with the hospital staff that are wheeling him toward his room and, though he admits to being a little light headed from whatever his previous caretakers put him to sleep with, he is himself a medical professional and would rather spend his recovery at home.

A doctor tries to talk him out of it, but Dr. Finch insists, and eventually they relent. Dr. Finch further worries the staff by having some trouble getting his footing at first, but it's just from several days worth of being strapped to a table. Once he proves he can walk just fine, he heads back toward the front desk to start filling out his release.

You update everyone, and a collective sigh of relief is given.

"So who's goin' to pick him up?," Michelle asks.

Comments:

Mochi 23rd Sep 2017, 9:09 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
how far are we from finch's house?

if we go pick him up from a place we know gesenai shirai has been, a place where her goons are likely trawling around, we should not do so in our car, because shirai's goons know our car. we should go and get dr. finch's car from his house, or michelle's truck, and go get him in that. as for who goes to get him, i would say "everyone" but that's a little impractical. i think michelle should change her shirt and go, maybe put on some sunglasses so she's not as recognizable. she's the only member of the team aside from jane who is a confident driver, and sending jane to get him would probably be a mistake and a half.

unless we go with my earlier plan of quickly dressing her up like she could be finch's daughter... and then it should be jane and perhaps a slightly disguised michelle in finch's car.
rufiangel 23rd Sep 2017, 9:22 PM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Actually, how old is Dr. Finch? XD; If he's embarrassed he's greying, and given his extensive knowledge on Everything, I was pegging him at 40 or so.
Mochi 23rd Sep 2017, 9:27 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
early 40s would probably track. probably hit university at 18, then he'd have to do 4 years of schooling and close to 7 years residency before he'd be eligible to get his medical license, so that'd put him close to 30 when he finished school. and then he'd have been working for a while. probably old enough to have a daughter roughly jane's age. she can't be more than 25. we don't really need to go into the semantics, necessarily, it is just for appearance's sake at this juncture :P
Weezl 23rd Sep 2017, 9:12 PM edit delete reply
Blondie and Caius should pick up Dr. Finch. Michelle and Fuse look messed up enough that they'll be admitted to/forced into the hospital and leave us with the same problem.

Uh, longtime lurker, first-time poster.
Baeronius 23rd Sep 2017, 9:13 PM edit delete reply
Baeronius
Hello!♪♫
Mochi 23rd Sep 2017, 9:19 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
taking caius might be a bad idea, if only because knox is there and there may be more elegance goons around. caius might've shaved his head, but he'd still have the exact same face as the other guys. if he got spotted and recognized, we'd be super boned.
rufiangel 23rd Sep 2017, 9:21 PM edit delete reply
rufiangel
This is going a little too smoothly and I'm very worried :'D Dangit.

The only one who wouldn't be immediately recognisable by Shirai's goons is actually Fuse, who is in no state to go anywhere (and has no driver's license but when has that ever stopped him).

I don't know if we can avoid being recognised but I guess we can always try. Michelle is a bit banged up, so I'd say Weezl's suggestion - to send Jane and Caius - makes sense. Caius could wear sunglasses or something if he has a pair. XD; Dr. Finch could try to meet us a little ways outside the hospital, though we should be ready to rush in if it looks like something's up. And well, I guess we should expect things to go to pot. Because when do they not. XD;

Edit: I'm an idiot. I forgot Caius is *more* recognisable in sunglasses than not. XD;;;; forget the sunglasses
Mochi 23rd Sep 2017, 9:34 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
...

caius should grow a beard. then he'd be a ghost. no one would ever recognize him, because the guys at elegance are supposed to be neat and uniform! so no beards!

:D
rufiangel 23rd Sep 2017, 9:38 PM edit delete reply
rufiangel
XDDD does our blood have super fast beard growing powers
Mochi 23rd Sep 2017, 9:40 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
probably not, but i bet it's definitely been about two days since he's shaved, as we've been on the run for that long... maybe he's got a nice crop of stubble going by now!
rufiangel 23rd Sep 2017, 9:43 PM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Sounds sexy good to me XD
Mochi 23rd Sep 2017, 9:45 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
my precious son :'D he's such a handsome boy!! makes all the other gay boys swoon!!
tor 23rd Sep 2017, 9:22 PM edit delete reply
We should probably have him walk a good distance and have a raven to check if he's being followed.
Baeronius 23rd Sep 2017, 9:27 PM edit delete reply
Baeronius
Daaaah.... We could have had him stay in the hospital until we had some kind of driving arrangement set up to get him.

Having him hobble down the street with fresh bio-grafts... and muscle atrophy? Yeeeeeek. no no.
AlphaDragon 23rd Sep 2017, 9:38 PM edit delete reply
I think Jane and Caius are the winners... I agree that we should have Gaius use some glasses... Or maybe borrow Fuses visor. I also second that if he can walk a block of two might be good to see if he is being followed.
2FABZ 23rd Sep 2017, 9:40 PM edit delete reply
I vote anyone but Blodie and Caius
Or Michelle
Fuse should go
Vahno 23rd Sep 2017, 10:11 PM edit delete reply
Guys, let's play this MAXIMUM CAUTION. Do we have a phone Dr. Finch can call from the hospital to call for a ride? Yes, it's kinda stupid, but we can't be too careful. Have Dr. Finch call Caius for a ride home.
Mochi 23rd Sep 2017, 10:19 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
yeah, he should call out from a hospital phone to one of us. just for extra cover.
rufiangel 23rd Sep 2017, 10:28 PM edit delete reply
rufiangel
I think that's a plan.

Though I have to say I'm almost certain we're not getting Dr. Finch to walk out of that hospital at all without a fight. Let's see how it goes. Keep monitoring our good doctor.
rufiangel 23rd Sep 2017, 10:31 PM edit delete reply
rufiangel
It occurs to me that the trap is this, seeing who comes to pick Dr. Finch up. If Jane does go, she'd better not be in plain sight. Caius has driven at least once so... I guess this is a good chance for him to drive a second time? XD;
Baeronius 23rd Sep 2017, 10:48 PM edit delete reply
Baeronius
Should he roll up to the curb with his audio playing Trap music?