Comic 310 - Press for more... nicely

Posted on 1st Sep 2017, 10:24 PM in Unfathomable Hate
Press for more... nicely

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (1 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 1st Sep 2017, 10:24 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You suggest that Caius should press for more... as politely as possible. Professionally, even. But definitely keep pushing.

"Look," he says, "This is my job, too. Okay? I might know somethin', I might be able to help you out, but you gotta let me in a little. If she's still alive, I need to know about it."

The woman sighs. "Someone sent us surveillance footage from when the Tobu Robotics hack started. There's someone on the footage that looks identical to the dead owner of this house. The footage was from the hospital she previously worked at. We sent in a team to examine the remains of the hospital--her fingerprints were at the site. But..."

She pauses. She hesitates. She continues.

"None of the blood at the site matched her records, and it should have. There was plenty of blood, but some of it was... anomalous."

Caius glances aside, rubbing at his chin. "You're gonna have to spell that one out for me, I ain't followin'."

"Non-human blood."

"Like, a dog, or--"

"No. Not like anything that should be on. This. Planet."

Caius' face scrunches up as he stares at her. "You're tellin' me she's... what, a fuggen alien?"

"I'm not telling you anything," she says, fighting back a smile. "Except that something out there--something definitely not human--is pretending to be that girl. Finding her is the key to... a number of things, I can't even begin to fathom let alone elaborate on."

Caius nods. "So, s'it got anything to do with that hack, then? Like, I heard they caught the guy... there more goin' on there?"

"That... the details, what we know, are classified information. But..." She lets the smile go. "The case is not closed. Not on our end. We do have reason to believe there was more to the incident than city police found.

The only reason I'm telling you all this--the only reason--is for your protection. If you encounter the girl... what you think is that girl, you need to report her. Do not engage. I don't know what she is... but I know that she's dangerous. You sound like you may be in a position to cross her--if she's trying to steal the deceased's identity, she's likely to return here."

The woman pulls out a pad and pen, and scribbles down a number before ripping out the page and handing it to Caius. "If you see her--if you think you see her--call this number. It is critical that the proper authorities deal with this."

Caius acquired a federal agent's phone number.

Comments:

Mochi 1st Sep 2017, 11:06 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
weeeeeeeell shit.

as if the druggie cult and the mystery asshole with the TH name weren't bad enough, now the feds are after us too? jesus. i think we should keep this chick in mind, maybe if we play our cards right we can show her we're not dangerous. but we have to know we can trust her, first, and that she's not going to set in motion a series of events that ends with us in a lab being experimented on. maybe caius can ask her what would happen if they caught us, but something tells me my first idea isn't far off.
HC 1st Sep 2017, 11:30 PM edit delete reply
We migh not be lookin' to put people in danger but she is technically correct(the best kind of correct), we are very dangerous.
rufiangel 1st Sep 2017, 11:15 PM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Wow, Caius, you were absolutely the right man for the job, I'm so pleased XD

Maybe we should give her a fake name (like Jimmy) and ask her for her name?

Let's ask if there's something in particular she's looking for in the house that we can help with?

(Also, "someone" sent that surveillance footage? Gee, who could this "someone" be...)
Mochi 1st Sep 2017, 11:21 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
HE DID SO WELL I'M SO PROUD
Crestlinger 1st Sep 2017, 11:32 PM edit delete reply
Set up a code phrase so she knows its him or associated on the other end of the phone/e-mail/ etc. 'fuggen alien' as a two parter should do nicely.
Whenever she's confirmed as left, then proceed with original objectives. Set up some surveillance equipment on the house as well, if one has entered, more will follow and loot anything with Blood on it outside the Door that still remains.
tor 1st Sep 2017, 11:35 PM edit delete reply
Caius you did so well! Guess we should say our goodbyes and discuss about this new information. Hope she doesn't find Red in the basement.
WalkerOfSorrow 2nd Sep 2017, 1:15 AM edit delete reply
Caius you sexy beast, you did splendidly. Now for the dismount, as they would say in the Olympics. Smooth talk her. Take the number and any information you can dredge up (name, badge number, whatever she's willing to give, hell even a supervisor if she'll cough that up), all the while being SO ingratiating and polite. But calm, most importantly calm.

DO NOT offer her your name or anything of the kind, until she asks for them herself. She probably just wants to forget you exist, all things considered. And don't overcomplicate things. We have what we need and she has jack squat, just like we want.
WalkerOfSorrow 2nd Sep 2017, 1:20 AM edit delete reply
As a side note: that phone number may not even be for her specifically. Calling it will almost certainly get us traced, and someone other than her may be on the other end. For all we know, calling that is going to send a signal straight to TH/Enyo. So I think we should definitely keep it on hand, no harm there, but we should definitely never call it.