Comic 286 - Start asking questions

Posted on 27th Aug 2017, 5:49 AM in Unfathomable Hate
Start asking questions

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (1 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 27th Aug 2017, 5:49 AM edit delete
Morgenstern
You tell Fuse to stay outside the room for now. You ask the woman what this place is.

"What, this room? I dunno. First time here. I didn't ask."

You ask her why she's here.

"The others must be slackin' if you're havin' to ask that question."

You ask what she intends to do to stop you. She takes a few steps forward.

"Talk you out of it, I wager. You let me break your neck, I'll make it real quick. You let Prophet at it... what he does is gonna be slower, and hurt a lot more. I promise."

You ask how she got her injuries. She chuckles.

"You think this is my blood? S'been a busy day."

Comments:

PurpleKetchup 27th Aug 2017, 6:09 AM edit delete reply
Damn, missed the update.

Anyway, to repeat the bulk of my last comment:
No syringes or smokebomb until Tigerface's restrained.
Ask Fuse to search for wires. It's christmas, get those boxes open stat.
She got even closer to the table and doesn't sound very talkative. Neckbreaking isn't really "talking you out of it".

Jane could ask about a more peaceful resolution.
We just want to switch that generator off, extract Caius and get the hell out. No evil devil stuff.
WalkerOfSorrow 27th Aug 2017, 6:40 AM edit delete reply
Reasoning with Prophet didn't go well. Clearly she is here as a barrier from the shield generator. She's got one job, and she's going to do it. And I'd say a physical altercation is going to be bad.

I suggest we tell her the axe man and Waldo are dead, and that if she knows what's good for her, she will choose life instead of doing something stupid. We've had a busy day too. (If she chooses life, we can throw a syringe at her from a safe distance when she is not paying attention. Throwing it where she can see is bad, and stabbing her up close is worse.)
Mochi 27th Aug 2017, 12:32 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
this is a good idea, but there's a high probability it'll just make her mad.
rufiangel 27th Aug 2017, 6:34 AM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Oh man. I don't think she really wants to talk to us very peaceably if her idea of 'talk you out of it' is to break our neck. Not to mention she's walking towards us, which doesn't bode well.

I think we're going to have to first get her out of that room if we want to try doing anything to her, because the room is full of flammable equipment and/or explosives. And since she's handily walking towards us, we might as well lead her all the way out.

Or, if we want to keep talking, we'll need to keep her in there. Maybe make as though to shoot. It might kill us too, but if we bluff it hard enough she might think we're willing to shoot all the same. Maybe it'll stop her from advancing towards us.

In any case, Fuse had better get ready to do something if he has to.

(I hate to ask, but would that blood then belong to... the bartender...? >_>;)
PurpleKetchup 27th Aug 2017, 6:42 AM edit delete reply
I thought the bartender was chopped to bits by the late sir McWeldingface.
She probably was close by when that happened.
rufiangel 27th Aug 2017, 6:54 AM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Ohhh, that makes sense too, what with the axe. Er, wait. Tiger-face doesn't have any obvious weapons, does she? Does that mean she just uses her bare hands? :'D halp
PurpleKetchup 27th Aug 2017, 7:20 AM edit delete reply
The casual neckbreaking mention indicates HTH is her credo.
And the explosives deal with midranged targets. Good balance.

Where's the close air support when you need it ?
Crestlinger 27th Aug 2017, 10:04 AM edit delete reply
Time for use #3, intimidation, show her the masks and ask if she knew either of their previous occupants. Note that She's wearing one as well and this can go one of two ways.
WalkerOfSorrow 27th Aug 2017, 10:21 AM edit delete reply
Oooh! That works really well in tandem with what I suggested. She seems to think the others might still be alive, so there's definitely that.

"I see you have a mask. Funny. The last two people who tried to attack us also had them. Look, here's one!"
Xylas_Incarnum 27th Aug 2017, 11:41 AM edit delete reply
Xylas_Incarnum
Gotta be honest, I wonder what they fuck they actually think is going to happen if they do this. OR manage to actually burn the rich in their mansions or whatever. Aside from the kids who inherited their money and power without building on it, the upper floor's got the heads of everything that's, uh, financially running this place, also probably legally running this place. Getting rid of ALL of them wholesale's basically shooting themselves in the foot..... actually it's probably more cutting themselves off at the hips really.
I mean, doing that's definitely going to get retaliation from the middle tiers which will turn this whole place in to a burned out wreck very few can live in and not many would want to.
Mochi 27th Aug 2017, 12:06 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
take out our gun and point it at her. finger off the trigger, though. mostly for intimidation. we're not afraid of her. we've been having a pretty shitty night and she's just another in a long line of obstacles. tell her that if she takes another step, we'll shoot, powder keg be damned. tell fuse to be ready to throw in a smoke bomb. i say we confuse her, then syringe her. she's probably radioactive too, but it's a better option than trying to fight her while on level. there was some mention of restraining her with wires, but it would be really goddamn hard to get blood inside the insulation on a wire. we could have our bandages tie her up. go for the legs first, trip her. then when she's on the floor, send the other arm's worth of bandages for her hands. i don't think she'd be expecting that. then we syringe her.
WalkerOfSorrow 27th Aug 2017, 12:39 PM edit delete reply
Everyone, Mochi has raised a very important issue. We ARE still on Level. Doing anything crazy is going to kill us, and even if Tiger Mask doesn't, a scuffle with her would probably turn our heart to paste.
AlphaDragon 27th Aug 2017, 1:53 PM edit delete reply
I say we stall as best we can. Check with Fuse to see if he has any bullets left (Oh please let their be bullets). While we are trying to keep Tiger Mask busy what can we see of that shield generator? Any weakness we can exploit?