Comic 276 - Climb into the vent

Posted on 24th Aug 2017, 8:54 PM in Unfathomable Hate
Climb into the vent

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (1 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 24th Aug 2017, 8:54 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You take a moment to get your bearings, and let your sight return the rest of the way. You update Dr. Finch and Michelle on what's going on, and you check on Caius. It doesn't look like much has changed. You also thank everyone, as Dr. Finch and Michelle's willingness to sync has actively saved you and Fuse. You check your vitals--everything seems to be in order.

You also thank Fuse for helping you through that.

"It's no big deal. I saw you starting to... uhh... change, and I thought I should say something. It took me a long time to get a grip on what I can do, and I hurt myself a lot on the way there. I know it's not really the same thing, but I thought it might help.

Also, don't feel like you need to do that to me if it comes up. I can deal with a stump, or I can wait to get sweet cyborg limbs. I trust you and all, but I am not ready for mouths to start growing in new places."

You make a mental note that the effects of level can linger for up to an hour or two, though they're usually gone in about thirty minutes. You shouldn't physically exert yourself too hard while under the effects of level--activities that normally accelerate heart rate don't jive well with chemicals that actively suppress adrenaline and excitement.

You check the rest of the room, but it's more of the same. Coveralls, hard hats, metal materials. You take the axe and welding mask from the man that tried to kill you.

You suggest that maybe you and Fuse should get out of here, as the man was likely being controlled--it would explain his ability to wade through gunshots and shrug off fire.

"Yeah," says Fuse. "I give it fifty-fifty odds it was either that, or the dude had some kind of mutation. I've met at least a few guys that straight up didn't feel pain."

You head back into the hallway and test the vent cover one more time, just to be sure. Once you're confident that it's safe, Fuse uses his toolkit to remove the cover. You climb into the ventilation shaft, with Fuse moving in behind you.

The vent seems to branch off--one path going upward, likely to the roof, and another path going to the left, to the other side of the large boxes.

Comments:

Macheman7 24th Aug 2017, 9:35 PM edit delete reply
Ask Michelle if a roof is a good place to stick a shielding unit.
...That's it for me.
I'm no good with 'pick one of two equal options' questions...
Left, if the input is important. :3
WalkerOfSorrow 24th Aug 2017, 10:09 PM edit delete reply
Dear god it's getting difficult to resist...just throwing in my own ideas. That regeneration was incredible.

But let me propose something: why do we need to go just one direction? If we can find a rat, having it scan one way would be helpful. If not, Fuse could go one way and we could go the other.
Espylacopa 24th Aug 2017, 11:26 PM edit delete reply
Splitting up might be a bad idea. If someone/something manages to catch one of them by surprise again there'd be no-one to save their ass, especially with the lingering effects of level limiting Ms. Doe's physical activity.
Mochi 24th Aug 2017, 10:27 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
i vote we go left. we need to get a better lay of this place. the roof isn't really going to help us do that. it'd give us an idea of the size of the place, but wouldn't reveal much more of the layout. do ask michelle if the roof is a reasonable place to have a shield generator, but we should expect it to be heavily guarded.
rufiangel 24th Aug 2017, 11:07 PM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Hmm, if it was a mutation, then we're still not in sight of hive-mind. Noted, though of course, doesn't hurt to play it safe. (That said, I think it does make sense if Fuse is right, because no one else has come barging in here to kill us while we spent some time regenerating.)

Ask Michelle, and either way, I feel like we're going to have to explore both options; it's just a matter of which one to look at, first. I'd vote for left if only because I feel like we should explore the floor we're on first, before checking out other ones.

I think I'll suggest we stick together instead of splitting up. After what we just went through, if we hadn't been together in the same room, we would have both died. ;;; Also, we're still under the effects of level, meaning we can't hustle as hard as we'd like, so if we meet any danger, Fuse should be there to help cover for us. That's just my thinking, though. XD; (I'm enormously paranoid.)

('Sweet cyborg limbs' XD)
Mochi 24th Aug 2017, 11:12 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
dunno if you saw my comment a few pages back but i finished up the additions to the character page! regeneration should be added to the powers or skills or whatever page too. if you don't get around to it i can try tomorrow
rufiangel 24th Aug 2017, 11:32 PM edit delete reply
rufiangel
I did see! :D And thank you!! I have nothing to edit from what you updated <3

I will get around to it later tonight I think -v-)/ if I don't, please feel free to add it in! :D

(I did reply to your comments earlier btw! In case you didn't know, you can see them when you click 'My Updates' on the top right on comicfury.com ^_^)
Mochi 24th Aug 2017, 11:35 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
aha, thanks for the Hot Tips. i dont' use the main site much, honestly the only reason i have an account is because for some bizarre reason my name wasn't taken haha...
rufiangel 24th Aug 2017, 11:50 PM edit delete reply
rufiangel
I'm happy you were able to stake your claim on Mochi XD

The main site's 'My Updates' function is useful for checking up on older comment replies, fufu, my 'Hot Tip' from me to you <3

(And if you're a creator, you also use it to check on comments on your comics -v- also, forum threads)