Comic 254 - Check Macland

Posted on 19th Aug 2017, 3:09 AM in Blood on Mars
Check Macland

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (1 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 19th Aug 2017, 3:09 AM edit delete
Morgenstern
You admit to Fuse that, perhaps, getting one of the club members infected was part of TH's plan. Michelle chuckles grimly at the prospect.

"That'd be messed up--you KNOW Macland wasn't in on that plan. Sounds about right, though."

Reminded of Macland, you check in on him real quick.

He is strapped to a large, upright metal table, facing some sort of projection screen. He is incredibly nervous, fidgeting uncomfortably against his restraints, but not actively trying to escape. "And you're sure this'll work?"

The man facing him grins wide... incredibly wide. Wider than a human being, perhaps, should be able to. His one green, robotic eye lights up in his glee. "Absolutely guaranteed, Mackers. Can I call you Mackers? The results are... perfect. Statistically speaking."

You're snapped out of your brief look at Macland by Fuse speaking up. "Hey. We got a vent." He points toward the side of the building, closer to the back end. Mounted close to the ground is a metal vent cover. Michelle grumbles. "Once we save the city or whatever, we need to commission for bigger vents. I'm gettin' tired of waitin' in the car."

You peek in on your guard again. The two in the room with him are still eerily silent. The smaller man in the robe breathes deeply, his voice wheezing through some sort of respiration mask. He physically trembles. He says nothing... only watches.

Comments:

Crestlinger 19th Aug 2017, 4:28 AM edit delete reply
Looks like they're going to drain Mackers dry, inject him with something or try and force a sync remotely. Either way him being knocked out would be recommended right now. Describe to Michelle the two the guard is 'seeing' and see if she knows anyone like that from her previous guild.
rufiangel 19th Aug 2017, 4:44 AM edit delete reply
rufiangel
I think we'd better update Fuse and Michelle on what we've just seen with Mac and even let Dr. Finch in on it because he might have an idea on what's going to happen. It does sound horribly like they might do a blood drain or worse. If we've been planning to ever sync with Mac we may not get the chance to do it while he's asleep at this rate.

The blindfolded guard is starting to feel more and more like bait to trap us. Mac is the one we really need or want. Rather than going through the vent, maybe we should talk through the guard. "What's going on? What do you want with me?" kinda thing.
Macheman7 19th Aug 2017, 6:36 AM edit delete reply
Maybe we should pull out.
Can we pull out?
I betcha we can.
Any sort of way we can cause our blood to be poisonous to a host? (Or cut off their breathing, perhaps?) Too bad we didn't think of this earlier.
Regardless, I'd say focus on figuring out where Macland is and get to him... Because the guard is almost certainly trapped, but we have no idea where Macland is.
Do we?
In short: Blow up (or kill) the guard, keep an "alarm" on Macland.