Comic 1190 - Use the lock downstairs

Posted on 3rd Jul 2019, 9:40 PM in Chapter IX
Use the lock downstairs

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (2 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 3rd Jul 2019, 9:40 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You quickly make an effort to hide your bug, having it scramble under the bed before the... thing, on the ceiling, can spot it.

You remember that you blooded the electronic lock for the door downstairs--you tap into that blood, pulling more blood from a portal in it--then use it to confirm the coast is clear. You also describe what you saw to the rest of the team.

"Gotta be Carpenter, right?," Caius asks.

"Maybe," Michelle replies. "Small, no visible guns, ain't got his stupid face on it... tough call."

Fuse nods. "Could be Carpenter's leftover tech, could be Thale behind the wheel."

"Arvin was far from Thale's only resource," Liz points out. "It could be a drone from any number of distributors."

"It does sound pretty... standard, I guess," Michelle remarks. "Cops use little remote control robots like that for disarmin' bombs and stuff all the time. Cops with money, anyway." She pauses... and takes a breath. "If it IS Carpenter's, it prob'ly IS a bomb. Might explain why it's somethin' disposable lookin', instead of actual human guards or one o' Carpenter's big ass murder machines."

"The whole neighborhood looked like they were clearing out, last time we checked," Fuse points out. "Thale might've pulled some strings, readied the whole block to get blown up if it comes down to it."

"Asshole'd prob'ly nuke half tha city if he knew which half we were in," Caius huffs.

"I imagine he must be getting that desperate," Liz confirms. "The closer he believes he is to his goals, the easier he'll think he can shrug off collateral damage in the name of removing obstacles. His concerns about public appearances and reputation are likely wearing thinner every day."

It takes a little longer to move enough blood up and out of the lock without damaging it outright, but you manage to squeeze out enough to open a portal and pop out a second bug.

Comments:

Lunar Waffles 3rd Jul 2019, 10:11 PM edit delete reply
Lunar Waffles
Open the door, have the blood bug make a pool of blood on the other side, then have it go Blood Mom's Red. (Edit, 123123 is right i am apparently blind)
123123 3rd Jul 2019, 10:15 PM edit delete reply
I'm pretty sure that the door is already open.
123123 3rd Jul 2019, 10:12 PM edit delete reply
I suppose that now the correct course of action is to sneak into the area with Mom's red, using the blood bug. Of course, we'll want to make sure that there are no things like pressure plates on the ground. Paranoia pays off.
Nicolas Arboleya 3rd Jul 2019, 10:15 PM edit delete reply
Proceed to blood moms red.
Kumondo 3rd Jul 2019, 10:22 PM edit delete reply
Kumondo
It looks like we should be able to pull of this operation without a hitch. Send the bug into the room, set up a Blood portal in Mom's Red for later use, give her enough blood for the forced sync "sparing" practice, have milk and cookies after to celebrate and recover.

We can more or less throw caution to wind, as Mom's red would tell us/ repel any intruders that have gotten this far. (but we won't, cause we're paranoid.)
Boredone 3rd Jul 2019, 10:27 PM edit delete reply
Bit... concerning honestly that it looks practically identical to how we left it when we first opened it.
There's no way whoever set up the camera's missed the vent, right?
Especially since a reread suggests Thale should know it leads somewhere.
Skullrama 3rd Jul 2019, 10:31 PM edit delete reply
On the other hand, if anyone got close to Mom's Red, they would have told us. So no one has been there.
Snervalton 5th Jul 2019, 3:24 AM edit delete reply
But have we actually asked Mom's Red? It would be easy to do so...
Lunar Waffles 5th Jul 2019, 3:55 AM edit delete reply
Lunar Waffles
Moms Red may not have told Mine so much as just "dealt with it" themselves x:
Limrix 3rd Jul 2019, 10:55 PM edit delete reply
Limrix
We should extract the bedroom bug before we forget. Fold it in on itself when the camera's pointed the other direction. It might be able to see through beds.
If the basement's not clear, Mom red should have told us something, so we should be good on that end. Let's get to it!
Lunar Waffles 5th Jul 2019, 3:58 AM edit delete reply
Lunar Waffles
+1
T41 4th Jul 2019, 12:09 AM edit delete reply
It ain't Carpenter, he both wants an audience and doesn't seem to care if said audience survives. This might be the work of someone within the federal government. Apart from Jury, they've been quiet for a while now, but we know they're interested. I don't think they'll have given up after apparently failing to get anywhere with Dr. Finch.
fellow 4th Jul 2019, 3:15 AM edit delete reply
fellow
You know, if nilpenter could do something to Mine's red, then they'd be powerful enough to do something to mom's red as well, wouldn't they? I hope we're not about to discover something bad has happened to them.
PretenseAndPoison 4th Jul 2019, 3:39 AM edit delete reply
Seems like a good time to just get a few drops under the door, then flood the room and Mom's Red as fast as possible. My concern is hat putting in too much blood too fast might damage Mom's Red, which wouldn't be great knowing that they can't regenerate like Mine can.
PurpleKetchup 4th Jul 2019, 12:39 PM edit delete reply
The spybot could also belong to the Feds, as well. No matter, onwards to Mom's Red.
PretenseAndPoison 4th Jul 2019, 4:44 PM edit delete reply
That's a good point, if the Feds are still interested and monitoring the situation they could be the wildcard in this final sprint of encounters. Jury may be on our side, but we've got no reason to trust the people she works for.

We haven't exactly kept track of them either.
kgy121 4th Jul 2019, 11:56 PM edit delete reply
If Mine can summon blood from her blood, is there any reason she couldn't sneak a bug into a place and then just flood an entire building with a red tide?
Lunar Waffles 5th Jul 2019, 3:58 AM edit delete reply
Lunar Waffles
On the Discord this Plan as become somewhat of an "Ace up the Sleeve" move. As such, we're saving it so no-one will see it coming! XD
NightOfEternity 5th Jul 2019, 12:05 PM edit delete reply
May I suggest to blood the camera/ device thing? Fly up direct underneath it, ie: it's blind spot. Or mini-Blobbert seep through the top?

Anyhow. Blood hack the device. Determine what it is, and maybe trace where the device is sending it's data?
Hari_Seldon 5th Jul 2019, 2:47 PM edit delete reply
We already know where Nilpender is, so what's the point? Are we hoping to find where Thale is? Do we know for sure that Thale is in his skyscraper HQ? I don't remember.

We really don't want to draw attention to where Mom's Red is, to keep it safe.
Lunar Waffles 5th Jul 2019, 8:59 PM edit delete reply
Lunar Waffles
pretty sure Moms Red is save regardless, im more worried about what might happen to the city should it be forced to defend its-self x:
37212513 8th Jul 2019, 7:06 PM edit delete reply
37212513
Feds can detect blood. If you want to hack it, I posted a new skill suggestion last update that would work much better, and far safer. We don't know how quickly the feds are upgrading the tech to hunt Mines Blood, so we don't know if it's safe to randomly blood tech anymore. We can sense electricity and use aura, two skills that combined become scan electronic frequency/device. No touchy, follow?
Cuttlefish 6th Jul 2019, 3:22 PM edit delete reply
We know the layout of the home well. Can we move around the place with our bio-electricity blood aura? If we materialize blood in hidden little nook, we don't really need to move an actual bug around.