Comic 1092 - Get some rest

Posted on 1st Jul 2018, 12:15 AM in Chapter VIII
Get some rest

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (2 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 1st Jul 2018, 12:15 AM edit delete
Morgenstern
You recall reading that Edison had tried to escape, at one point--and managed to injure a researcher in the process. You ask if the girls know anything about how that went.

Faraday nods. "She tried to break the... the little round bit, where the tube plugs in. She attacked the man that tried to fix it."

"Th-they had to... make newer, stronger ones, after that," Tesla adds.

You decide to wait on trying to help Edison--at least, until you're not quite so exhausted. Dealing with her might be best if you can become an imprint yourself, and... that's definitely not happening today.

You thank the girls, and tell them you're heading out tomorrow--you ask if either of them want anything from town.

They both shake their heads.

"I'm still rather getting used to just... being again," Faraday remarks. "I don't rightly know what I might want that's not already here. ...I'm just happy to be back." She pauses, before smiling softly and adding, "Thank you."


You drag yourself back to Bunker A. The return trip feels rougher than walking to Bunker E in the first place did.

Without much ceremony, you wander your way to the barracks area... and collapse into bed. It's not really all that late, but... you can barely manage to keep yourself standing, let alone think about doing anything else today.

You fall asleep very quickly, and sleep for an inordinate amount of time.


What will you do the next morning?

Comments:

Twyll 1st Jul 2018, 12:38 AM edit delete reply
Don't forget morning meditation! Let's get ready for a spa day~

We should also probably check in with our various allies (Griz/Lydia, Jury, etc.) to see how things are going. Hmm... I suspect a spa day would be lost on Jury (and I don't want to inflict Grizwald's hygiene habits on the poor spa staff), but would Lydia maybe like to come with us?
Twelveseal 1st Jul 2018, 12:49 AM edit delete reply
Twelveseal
First, a hearty breakfast. Because it was well earned.

Then, group meeting, preferably with the Martians included, and if possible Tesla and Faraday. Check up on everyone's progress on their own projects and how they feel. This includes checking out Knox's condition in the Red. Call Jury if possible to check on her situation. Then go over the spa day plans with everyone.

Explain that this is hapening. Where doing this now.

Also, see what everyone wants to do, who wants to spa when and with whom, and if anyone needs anything from town. Also see if anyone has any projects they want to work on later, like checking out Ilworth or its ghosts, picking up papers for other team members, etc...

Then it's off to the spa.

Edit: also, totally forgot to check on the wonderful Grizard of Odd and Lydia. Should do that when done with Jury duty.
Blue_Elite 1st Jul 2018, 3:49 AM edit delete reply
Pretty much all of this. We'll need to find out what everyone else ended up planning before we can make plans of our own.
Frission 1st Jul 2018, 6:25 AM edit delete reply
Frission
Two words: Blueberry. Pancakes. :3
Twelveseal 1st Jul 2018, 8:09 AM edit delete reply
Twelveseal
Bring that sacred maple ambrosia.
Funny Joke 2nd Jul 2018, 11:14 AM edit delete reply
With strawberries :)
Caydenite 1st Jul 2018, 9:15 AM edit delete reply
Yeah, good suggestion Twelveseal. Seconded.
Espylacopa 1st Jul 2018, 1:14 AM edit delete reply
Espylacopa
*spins the wheel of pre-existing ideas and it lands on



practice generating and using electricity*
pkrankow 1st Jul 2018, 7:44 AM edit delete reply
pkrankow
Good meditation exercise
Cyanic 1st Jul 2018, 2:11 AM edit delete reply
after all the spa day, can we start with trying out biomech tech? It's just making some muscle and bones and see if we can feel through them by holding them

If we can't, that's alright, just as long as it's before Bunker X
Mr thought 1st Jul 2018, 3:56 AM edit delete reply
If we are feeling up to it and some blood eggs in the street so we can go to southden with peace of mind. Also take martians to ilworth let the get out of the bunker. Disguise fuse rent a car and do spa day the whole rest of day the tomorrow we can tackle Edison.
Mr.thought 1st Jul 2018, 4:01 AM edit delete reply
Sorry meant add some eggs, then tomorrow Edison but get out of there make sure martians get Fresh air.
Mr. thought 1st Jul 2018, 6:33 AM edit delete reply
Sorry don't try to comment at 2 in the morning. So if up to it egg the street with some blood for peace of mind, take martians to ilworth , rent or buy car, take spa day then deal with Edison tomorrow.
pkrankow 1st Jul 2018, 7:44 AM edit delete reply
pkrankow
See how far Spa Day got planned out.
Fishbulb 1st Jul 2018, 8:12 AM edit delete reply
Fishbulb
While we're preparing for the day trip, someone should check out the two ghost hot spots in Ilworth, while someone technically minded could try to hook up Bunker E to Ilworth's power grid.
Twelveseal 1st Jul 2018, 1:20 PM edit delete reply
Twelveseal
I'd think that would probably be Finch, or more likely one of the Low Tier crew; Fuse, Pierce, Zenith, Mav, or Crease.
psychoshen 2nd Jul 2018, 1:07 AM edit delete reply
psychoshen
Checking in with Macland would be fun, I'm sure he'd love to hear about all the trouble we're giving Thale. Also to just let him know we haven't completely forgotten about him.
lil Joshu 2nd Jul 2018, 5:39 AM edit delete reply
lil Joshu
Tomorrow morning we will....

Sleep in.