Comic 1015 - Sever the tongue

Posted on 11th May 2018, 7:03 PM in Chapter VIII
Sever the tongue

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (1 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 11th May 2018, 7:03 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You and Caius step forward quickly. You jab a needle into its tongue and Caius fires his handgun point blank into it, blooding then severing it before the monster can reach your group.

The creature is dragged closer, but not all the way to you. You feel a... delay, the signals moving slow from the tongue to the brain. The delay is then interrupted as the monster bites its own tongue off at the base.

Michelle, no longer anchoring the monster, resumes firing wildly at it with her minigun. Fuse continues to focus on spreading the flames. You fire more needles at the creature--but the eyes in its lower face unload a short stream of their own electricity, taking out the needles before they hit home.

"Are you fuggen serious?!," shouts Caius.

The monster, burning, bleeding, continues to trudge forward... but slows down.

Then stops.

Michelle's minigun clicks loudly, emptied of its ammo. Fuse sinks against one of the walls, dizzy from putting so much focus on his fire. You feel physically drained, as well--weak from filling all those needles.

The monster's various appendages slump, the creature no longer moving.

Comments:

Briggs 11th May 2018, 7:22 PM edit delete reply
Keep your distance from the monster and wait for the strange mist to dissipate. if this takes too long test the mist to see if its harmful to direct skin contact, if not we can simply walk by with our faces covered and our breath held.
Phyco 11th May 2018, 7:30 PM edit delete reply
This, also shoot the lower eyes out of spite just in case.
Wote 11th May 2018, 7:43 PM edit delete reply
I'm in favor of shooting the eyes very spitefully.
Hambone 11th May 2018, 9:46 PM edit delete reply
Do NOT walk through the mist. Gases can be absorbed through the skin, even some nerve agents. Take note of any salivation or tearing up, as well as upset stomachs and eye twitching or pupil constriction. These are some symptoms of chemical agents, and need to be promptly treated.
fellow 11th May 2018, 7:24 PM edit delete reply
fellow
Lets catch a breather in a different room. Everyone will probably have to hold their breaths while they pass the monster.

If we still have control over the eyeball, let's try to launch its implant towards the end of the hall.
Sekwel 11th May 2018, 7:39 PM edit delete reply
Things are getting smarter and more dangerous, and we are low on mental resources. Might be good to stop for the time being; we have to think about what's to come.
Memo 11th May 2018, 7:48 PM edit delete reply
Memo
This should be the last monster on this level. There is only a chest and the elevator left.
I agree with taking a breather before moving onwards.
Guest 11th May 2018, 7:52 PM edit delete reply
I'm almost entirely certain that was the last thing on this floor. The was some kind of box or chest and an elevator door beyond it.
GivingTree 11th May 2018, 7:45 PM edit delete reply
Be wary, keep your distance and wait for the mist to disperse. The creature may not even be disabled.

There's one win-win way to test it though. Fire one last needle into the creature. It has to either reveal itself in order to intercept or let itself be blooded.
Swagner 11th May 2018, 8:11 PM edit delete reply
Swagner
It could be playing dead.
pkrankow 11th May 2018, 7:46 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
Fix our blood supply. Absorb (damaged?) armor then remake the armor if portaling directly lacks confidence. Better still, pull some quantity of material to refresh ourselves.

Pain and nausea management all around.

Replace damaged armor. Make swords and knives for all (both, yes) along with sheaths.

Don't let our guard down. Even though it seems down, it might not be...

Reload? Did we pack ammo?
Marshmallow 11th May 2018, 7:53 PM edit delete reply
Next time get some gasoline or something so that fuse can throw it one the next monster they encounter and just light it on fire.
ReikoLupus 11th May 2018, 7:55 PM edit delete reply
ReikoLupus
A last shoot of Blood. We MUST be sure that the thing is dead XD.
Leafia_Barrett 11th May 2018, 7:57 PM edit delete reply
Leafia_Barrett
Oh I don't trust this for a second. Someone take out a handgun and shoot out this thing's remaining eyes, then everybody back off to the opposite side of the room from this thing and let it burn for a little while while the gas dissipates. Jane, can you handle firing one more needle into the thing to check if it's truly dead?
Madd 11th May 2018, 8:02 PM edit delete reply
Madd
Throw meatballs at it, then wait for it clear out a bit before grabbing an acid head spider and throwing it at the shambler.
chaosblitz 11th May 2018, 8:07 PM edit delete reply
I hope the reward we get for going through all this crap is a nicer version of that laser gun Michelle had in the hospital.
Marshmallow 11th May 2018, 9:48 PM edit delete reply
Agreed
DreamingofRoses 11th May 2018, 8:12 PM edit delete reply
Blood it. I don’t trust it not to play possum.
Xylas_Incarnum 11th May 2018, 8:13 PM edit delete reply
Xylas_Incarnum
Ok yeah, we need more gun. Let's see what cheap shotguns get us eh? maybe trade up some makeshift super soaker+lighter flame throwers as well. Not to mention we need some better defense gear. Everyone should have some traded up weapon or another at this point.
Xylas_Incarnum 11th May 2018, 8:17 PM edit delete reply
Xylas_Incarnum
..... we're also going to need more drums for the minigun. Lots more dums..... Think we can trade up for a bag of holding or a handy haversack?
Crestlinger 11th May 2018, 8:18 PM edit delete reply
As far as we know it's regenerating. Blood it, confirm no brains activity, wait for the mist to dissipate, shoot out the eyes and once again in the heads + that beige fluid sac. Loot the eye implant and check this thing for any cyber parts; that electricity smacks of interference. Everyone advance past it and move on to one very likely trapped chest.
g 11th May 2018, 8:43 PM edit delete reply
Chest is probably safe, it has the same colorless flame on either side of it just like the tradesman statue.
Blue_Elite 11th May 2018, 8:31 PM edit delete reply
Take a breather while the mist dissipates. Inform Dr. Finch you're going to need another transfusion and probably everyone will need an early lunch (brunch?).

Make sure the monster is dead before passing it. Don't drop guard just yet, we never encountered the assass-hands. They might appear at the chest. Otherwise go to the chest and claim the prize (with an "Item Get" pose).

EDIT: Oh, and can we collect a bunch of those old sodas in our helmet? Still want to see if we can trade them up for a soda-soaker (or maybe they'll have collector's value being 100+ years old).
Cuttlefish 11th May 2018, 8:49 PM edit delete reply
If we are running out of juice, maybe sprint back and carefully scoop up some of the acid spider bodies? If we toss them on the monster and pop them, it could do some damage.
Ablaze 11th May 2018, 8:56 PM edit delete reply
Be carful of traps. The mist is obviously bad. The treasure chest could also be trapped.

Before we leave we should collect the laser from the eye. You might be able to use it or turn it into a gun.
Crayssius 11th May 2018, 9:43 PM edit delete reply
Double tap. Double tap till it's all holy.
AE-86 11th May 2018, 9:52 PM edit delete reply
Make a meat Gollem with lungs to test mist.
undeadDreamer 11th May 2018, 10:55 PM edit delete reply
Take a bit to rest then blood it. Even if it's dead you'll want to have a look at it.
undeadDreamer 11th May 2018, 10:56 PM edit delete reply
whoops not the most recent page